1. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    There's me looking at the two U2 Four Wild Irish Roses discs thinking whatever does he mean. Then the penny dropped. Slow day for me today!
    It was a joke regarding your CD shelves
  2. For a second I misread this thread's title... one letter can make a big difference...
  3. atu2 / u2gigs had the 10-05 date for years and both changed it to reflect a bunch of research that came to light via newspaper listings for the RTE shows over the years. The bands performed at the Opera House over two nights - October 21 and 22.

The October 10, 1979 issue of "Southern Star" - a local paper to Cork listed "As part of their nationwide tour Horslips will be appearing again in Cork next Tuesday night. They will be killing two birds with the one stone on this gig as the concert is being recorded by RTE. Other groups being recorded on the night include Stockton's Wing and U-2. Each group will play a fourty-five minute set and it is hoped to get three thirty-minute shows out of this." The recording we've all heard from the Cork Opera House would have been that recording...

And in a gig review from the week of October 26th, the following was printed "U2 were supposed to appear with Horslips in Cork for an RTE 2 filmed concert this week. To cut a long story short, they didn't. The former took a different day." (U2 had some issues between Paul McGuinness and Horslips at the time because McGuinness had taken legal action against one of the member's brother...U2 didn't open with them on the first night in Cork and instead appeared on the second night opening for the Bogey Boys which was also recorded.)

There was also an ad in the Cork Evening Echo which listed the 22nd.
  4. Yes! I got it. The brain isn't in academic mode today. Day off!
    I am actually missing more than one CD. I think I need more.
    Too much is not enough.
  5. Right? I thought there were new shirts on U2.com, then I saw the pictures.
  6. And still it applies without that missing character you know
  7. But I REALLY want that Lovetown shirt. (with an r)
  8. I've been eyeing the original on eBay for years.
  9. Yeah the Boy Cork and Lovetown shirts are the only ones worth even thinking about... If only the Cork one had the right date, and if only the Lovetown one had some date at all... Oh well.

10. Here is an extract from the Pimm Jal de la Parra book U2 LIVE. It was the standard consensus back then amongst tape traders that this date was synonymous with the recording. However it would seem this does indeed warrant further research.
  11. A source that dates back to the early 90's doesn't make that source right. I assume most U2 web sites that chronicle live dates used Primm's book as a source. That doesn't make it correct.
  12. The most reliable source at this point would be the RTE archives.