1. Hi guys!

Today I listened to the B-side from the New Years Day single called J Swallow.

At 00:12 into the song I heard something that I have heard before recently. This specific guitar loop is played until 00:33 into the song.

I did not take long before I realised that this guitar part sounds almost identical to the excellent Razorlight song "America".

Well, I am no guitarist but doesn't the part played in J Swallow sound an awful lot like the guitar part in the Razorlight song?

What do you think? Have Johnny Borrell heard the old U2 B-side?
  2. Well, here in the Forum all we have the strange-and-never-heard custom to present ourselves before posting anything else...
    We all wish hear you presenting your self, saying where are you from, all this kind of things...
    Hoping your answer!

PS. I haven't heard Razorlight, so I can't say if it's the same. All I know is that I listen to JSwallow almost every evening...
  3. Originally posted by LikeASongWell, here in the Forum all we have the strange-and-never-heard custom to present ourselves before posting anything else...
    We all wish hear you presenting your self, saying where are you from, all this kind of things...
    Hoping your answer!

PS. I haven't heard Razorlight, so I can't say if it's the same. All I know is that I listen to JSwallow almost every evening...

LikeASong, could you email me J.Swallow i'd love to hear it now.
  4. Your'e right!

My name is Fredrik and I live on the west coast of Sweden, near Gothenburg.

I spend my days working with 3D-CAD in product development. On my spare time I usually get together with some friends and try to play some song. We have just recently started a band and we're all new beginners except for this one guy who we're depending on a lot since he is a great musician who has to teach us stuff all the time. However, it is so much fun! I'm the drummer by the way.

I've been a U2 fan since probably around '98 when my mother gave me U2 Best of 80-90. In a period of three months after that I had bought the first three albums Boy, October and War. And I've been hooked ever since.

Finaly, I believe U2's "Bad" is the one of the greatest and most beatiful songs ever recorded. I seem unable to grow tired of it. I don't know why it's just one of those things, y'know.
  5. Originally posted by edgehogHi guys!

Today I listened to the B-side from the New Years Day single called J Swallow.

At 00:12 into the song I heard something that I have heard before recently. This specific guitar loop is played until 00:33 into the song.

I did not take long before I realised that this guitar part sounds almost identical to the excellent Razorlight song "America".

Well, I am no guitarist but doesn't the part played in J Swallow sound an awful lot like the guitar part in the Razorlight song?

What do you think? Have Johnny Borrell heard the old U2 B-side?

I never heard the other song, but J. Swallow is the b-side of Fire and U2 R.O.K. (Fire in 12" vinyl and CD), just a little mistake
  6. Yeah what is J. Swallow? I'd like to hear it and I'll get it in a SF.

drew.zs1 at gmail.com
  7. Originally posted by MacphistflyLikeASong, could you email me J.Swallow i'd love to hear it now.
    Well, I can't really send you nothing if I don't know your email...
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Well, I can't really send you nothing if I don't know your email...

cal_hunter@hotmail.co.uk
  9. indeed there is a similar tune at the begening..

i don't think that Razorlight were influenced by this song..but who knows..

10. Well euhm as exception i say that i know America from Razolight but i don't know that "J Swallow" stuf... Actually i don't have any single, only albums and downloaded stuff from internet...
    So maybe if anyone can mail me the song i can give you my opinion