1. Personally, I'd prefer a new album in late 2021/early 2022, and then tour for that in 2022 instead of the AB Tour. But due to Edge and Adam's recent comments, the AB Tour is probably going to happen. I will go to any U2 show I can get, and I'm sure it'll be amazing, but I've heard pretty much all of those songs live many times anyway. The highlight for me would be hearing Love is Blindless live, with that guitar solo!!
  2. Pop 25.
  3. Originally posted by podiumboy:Personally, I'd prefer a new album in late 2021/early 2022, and then tour for that in 2022 instead of the AB Tour. But due to Edge and Adam's recent comments, the AB Tour is probably going to happen. I will go to any U2 show I can get, and I'm sure it'll be amazing, but I've heard pretty much all of those songs live many times anyway. The highlight for me would be hearing Love is Blindless live, with that guitar solo!!
    Do you have a source for those comments?
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    The suits in the background wouldn’t have it. I don’t think U2 are a band that would prepare themselves for a one off. They’d sooner roll out the JT 2017 show again.

I'm not so sure, we all know how much they love playing live. And they'll be wanting to itch that scratch even more so now with the current situation with the pandemic.

Wouldn't it be great if they were the first act to perform a stadium like show with a mass gathering at Slane after the pandemic and it gets worldwide coverage - It would be so U2!
  5. Originally posted by georgemccauley:[..]

I'm not so sure, we all know how much they love playing live. And they'll be wanting to itch that scratch even more so now with the current situation with the pandemic.

Wouldn't it be great if they were the first act to perform a stadium like show with a mass gathering at Slane after the pandemic and it gets worldwide coverage - It would be so U2!
    They do like to play live, but I don’t think they’ll be itching to. This is a band who did not play any concerts from August 2011 - September 2014, and even those were mostly just SOI promo events.

U2 are not a band who do one-offs. They need to be extremely well rehearsed, and to have the momentum of an ongoing tour. They did a few one off things in 2016, but those were supposed to be part of the SOE promo tour before that album got delayed.

Never say never, but I’d say there’s a 99% chance U2 don’t play Slane in 2021... or anywhere else.
  6. Originally posted by georgemccauley:[..]

We can hope but an ageing band like U2 are unlikely to want to put themselves out there first. There are plenty of bands and acts that have had their 2020 derailed that will be first on the queue to get back on the road when all this is over.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    We can hope but an ageing band like U2 are unlikely to want to put themselves out there first. There are plenty of bands and acts that have had their 2020 derailed that will be first on the queue to get back on the road when all this is over.
    I dunno about that they are the biggest live band in history promoters and venues would jump through hoops to get them to play and it would inspire other bands to get back out on the road providing restrictions are lifted ,however the possibility of a stadium show with a capacity crowd for any act looks very unlikely to get the green light in the current climate, I know GnR and Def leppard have rescheduled stadium shows for next year but they most likely will get shelved again .
  8. During the leadup to the launch of U2XM, both Adam and Edge were interviewed, and both pretty much admitted that AB30 is going to be a thing. Edge said it wouldn't be on the "exact anniversary", and Adam said stadium concerts probably won't be a reality until 2022. So, with all that info, I'm coming up with 2+2= 22.
  9. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    I dunno about that they are the biggest live band in history promoters and venues would jump through hoops to get them to play and it would inspire other bands to get back out on the road providing restrictions are lifted ,however the possibility of a stadium show with a capacity crowd for any act looks very unlikely to get the green light in the current climate, I know GnR and Def leppard have rescheduled stadium shows for next year but they most likely will get shelved again .
    Yeah most concerts that were to happen in 2020 got postponed until next year. You have to wonder what the pushback is going to be if 2021 gets cancelled as well. I suppose just add the lawsuits from bands/promoters to the stack of lawsuits the lawmakers already have, I guess.
  10. Yeah U2 are not going to be rushing out to be playing again soon "after" COVID. They're not young.
  11. They will be too busy mingling with chefs.
  12. Chef selfie tour 2021