1. ......
  2. Rick Rubin on U2:
    “U2 are four individuals who each have very strong opinions: sometimes similar and sometimes very different. All of them bring something very specific to the table. Larry has a very strong voice, he’s probably the most grounded in the band. He’s got a lot of opinions and, more often than not, he’s right. And if you hear the way the music is going before Adam plays and then hear it when he plays, it’s very different. He brings a whole color to the sound that’s one of the defining elements of U2. And to define Edge by one guitar sound would really be doing him a disservice – he’s constantly looking for something new. When we worked in Abbey Road the spirits were very much up. They seemed to really like each other, really trust each other and really know each other. I tried to get them to do something that, historically, they don’t do so much: work on songs before recording them. It was a fun experience for me, to see if, tentatively, we could work together on a whole album. I think it’ll be great.”

When asked if U2 would revisit the Rick Rubin sessions Adam Clayton explained, “I’d like to. Part of the reason we didn’t feel like pursuing them at the time was that they were too purist, they were too fundamental, and we tend to like our music a little bit more complex — so I don’t know at what point we’ll want something as straight forward as that. Rick strips everything away. There’s no real dressing. He doesn’t like atmospherics and textures or any of that stuff. I think we all thought we could do something interesting together if we applied that sort of discipline, but in the end I think we realized that we like the textures and colors and tones.”
  3. Window in the Skies was produced by Rubin. There were plans for an album with him as producer. According to The Edge, the band have 'shelved' the other material they were working on with Rubin and the songs (if any) were not used for NLOTH, so chances are there are some tapes of those sessions lying around some place. Would surely be worth a listen.
  4. Originally posted by TheRefugee:Window in the Skies was produced by Rubin. There were plans for an album with him as producer. According to The Edge, the band have 'shelved' the other material they were working on with Rubin and the songs (if any) were not used for NLOTH, so chances are there are some tapes of those sessions lying around some place. Would surely be worth a listen.
    Thanks!
  5. The Hong Kong version/recordings of Pop
  6. Stockholm 92 dvd would do
  7. 1978/79 Dandelion Green live recording in sbd quality
  8. Songs Of Ascent

and what the original version of SOE was going to be. Back on the you talking u2 to me podcast the band played the guys a handful of songs from the forthcoming album, this was back in late 2015. And the songs described don't sound like anything we ended up with on the album. I'm curious what the shape of the record would have been before Bono's brush with mortality.
  9. I’d like to hear the following:

- The Executioner’s Song
    - Initial / very early Zooropa demos
    - In Cold Blood
    - All Passengers demos
    - Initial ‘Pop’ pieces
    - NLOTH ‘Sufi’ pieces (the ‘out-there’ pieces)
    - The before ‘Trump’ SoE songs
  10. I'd love to hear demos from all the albums. I loved the Kindergarten AB stuff, and the Hansa recordings...one can dream. Pop demos would be nice. So much at their disposal *sigh*