1. LES PAUL!!!

IT WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE HITS!!!

2. you're not the only one who is burned with that question macphistfly! anyway you'll get much posts on this way
    but about the riff, it's awesome....maybe the best one of all time..
  3. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyyou're not the only one who is burned with that question macphistfly! anyway you'll get much posts on this way
    but about the riff, it's awesome....maybe the best one of all time..

Haha, well that wasn't intentional i was just listening to a bootleg, and it dawned on me most of the best numbers were bein playe don the Les Paul..argh!!!!

But Streets...it to me, it is heavenly.
  4. Originally posted by Macphistfly[..]

Haha, well that wasn't intentional i was just listening to a bootleg, and it dawned on me most of the best numbers were bein playe don the Les Paul..argh!!!!

But Streets...it to me, it is heavenly.

You're right. But don't worry, Edge is a genius, he'll solve this problem.
  5. Macphisfly, you know I always agree with your opinions, but I don't think you've got to do 10 posts to show you're angry against the guitar given...

Your try to get the Angel Of Harlem category is pathetic It's ajoke, don't get furious!
  6. Why did Edge give away his glorious Les Paul?

1) He's selfless. To auction an item is one thing, to SHOW how much you are dedicated to a cause, auction something you'll actually miss.

2) He's another white Les Paul (with black knobs on it) that got used almost as much on the last tour.

3) He's got the Les Paul Goldtop (Until The End of The World), plus the Epiphone and Gibson Music Rising Les Pauls

4) Many of his guitars (and other band members gear) was destroyed in a flood at Hanover Quay in 2002. Adam got new bass guitars, Larry new drums and Edge some new guitars... So all the songs were not in that one Les Paul.

5) BOY is a great album and Edge had ONE guitar. They ended up borrowing an acoustic. Long story short, the boy will be fine without that one great glorious guitar. He will miss it. We will miss it. But he WILL still make great music.
  7. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979 4) Many of his guitars (and other band members gear) was destroyed in a flood at Hanover Quay in 2002. Adam got new bass guitars, Larry new drums and Edge some new guitars... So all the songs were not in that one Les Paul.
    I didn't know!!
    Originally posted by anstratdubh1979 BOY is a great album and Edge had ONE guitar. They ended up borrowing an acoustic. Long story short, the boy will be fine without that one great glorious guitar. He will miss it. We will miss it. But he WILL still make great music.
    Absolutely agree.
  8. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979Why did Edge give away his glorious Les Paul?

1) He's selfless. To auction an item is one thing, to SHOW how much you are dedicated to a cause, auction something you'll actually miss.

2) He's another white Les Paul (with black knobs on it) that got used almost as much on the last tour.

3) He's got the Les Paul Goldtop (Until The End of The World), plus the Epiphone and Gibson Music Rising Les Pauls

4) Many of his guitars (and other band members gear) was destroyed in a flood at Hanover Quay in 2002. Adam got new bass guitars, Larry new drums and Edge some new guitars... So all the songs were not in that one Les Paul.

5) BOY is a great album and Edge had ONE guitar. They ended up borrowing an acoustic. Long story short, the boy will be fine without that one great glorious guitar. He will miss it. We will miss it. But he WILL still make great music.

You said all!!!
  9. ...a show of the flood damage?

THE EDGE's GEAR:
    1) That wasn't the 1965 FIreglo Rickenbacker from tours yore, used for "Sometimes..." (video/live). The `67 was a drowning victim. It was replaced by a 1966 Fireglo RIc 12 String [tuned to standard "E"] for "Sometimes..." and a 1966 Mapleglo Ric 112 string [tuned to E-flat] for Mysterious Ways.

2) Didn't see the green metallic Fernandes Native Pro on the Vertigo tour during "With Or Without You", did you? Instead, after it's untimely demise, it was replaced by a black finish Fernandes Retro Rocket.

3) I've heard that the beloved "Stuck In A Moment..." early sixties Strat was a victim too but this has not been confirmed.

ADAM CLAYTON?
    Adam got some new bass guitars.
    1) The Sherwood Green and Shoreline Gold Fender Jazz basses replaced some of his dronwing victims.

2) This includes his Lakland Bob Glaub and Joe Osborne basses, which were drowned and replaced by (3) Darryl Jones models (maple, gold and teal metallic)
  10. Originally posted by LikeASongMacphisfly, you know I always agree with your opinions, but I don't think you've got to do 10 posts to show you're angry against the guitar given...

Your try to get the Angel Of Harlem category is pathetic It's ajoke, don't get furious!

Then don't crack a bad joke
  11. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979...a show of the flood damage?

THE EDGE's GEAR:
    1) That wasn't the 1965 FIreglo Rickenbacker from tours yore, used for "Sometimes..." (video/live). The `67 was a drowning victim. It was replaced by a 1966 Fireglo RIc 12 String [tuned to standard "E"] for "Sometimes..." and a 1966 Mapleglo Ric 112 string [tuned to E-flat] for Mysterious Ways.

2) Didn't see the green metallic Fernandes Native Pro on the Vertigo tour during "With Or Without You", did you? Instead, after it's untimely demise, it was replaced by a black finish Fernandes Retro Rocket.

3) I've heard that the beloved "Stuck In A Moment..." early sixties Strat was a victim too but this has not been confirmed.

ADAM CLAYTON?
    Adam got some new bass guitars.
    1) The Sherwood Green and Shoreline Gold Fender Jazz basses replaced some of his dronwing victims.

2) This includes his Lakland Bob Glaub and Joe Osborne basses, which were drowned and replaced by (3) Darryl Jones models (maple, gold and teal metallic)

Thans for the info! you're really a guitar-expert, aren't you