1. Btw i witnessed Rain as well, but in Rotterdam (no, not at my request 😀)
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Did you hypnotise him or something out of the thousands of voices shouting at him he went with your request to play Rain at a time when a change in the setlist would make headline news around the world 🤣ha that's a crazy story

Hah! Well it did help that I was on the front barrier right under him, and I just chose my moment at the end of One knowing there was a fair chance they might. Maybe they would have done it anyway, who knows, but I definitely gave Bono a little nudge.

Still have to pinch myself. Real crazy thing was I wasn't on the front barrier initially, I just ended up making my way thru the crowd during the lightning storm when Cast were playing, as people were huddling to keep dry and warm or going off to buy those plastic waterproof thingys, so big gaps opened up in the crowd and before I knew it I'd got my hand on the front rail and edged my way in.

Definitely one of my U2 gig-going highlights.
  3. Ahimsa in Mumbai.
  4. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]

Hah! Well it did help that I was on the front barrier right under him, and I just chose my moment at the end of One knowing there was a fair chance they might. Maybe they would have done it anyway, who knows, but I definitely gave Bono a little nudge.

Still have to pinch myself. Real crazy thing was I wasn't on the front barrier initially, I just ended up making my way thru the crowd during the lightning storm when Cast were playing, as people were huddling to keep dry and warm or going off to buy those plastic waterproof thingys, so big gaps opened up in the crowd and before I knew it I'd got my hand on the front rail and edged my way in.

Definitely one of my U2 gig-going highlights.
    Cool story maybe you did remind him to play it as that tour was run like a military exercise with very little changes between gigs and since Zoo Tv they've approached touring like a Broadway Show leaving very little space for improvisation but now and again they throw in a few curveballs.
  5. Three Little Birds by U2 and most notably I love you in me when Prince had his string of solo shows.
  6. Shes a mystery to me as a snippet after One at Ullevi 2009
  7. You’re blue room Giants Stadium 2009.

That version is also on the From Ground Up live CD.