1. Bit of a random but maybe interesting thread I’ve thought of wondering what are the biggest songs the band have omitted from shows you have attended. Biggest to me means well known songs, not necessarily hits but certainly classics that just about anyone seeing them live would know. So fire away.
  2. For me

Elevation tour Glasgow 27/08/2001 - New Year’s Day, pride, I still haven’t found what I’m looking for, even better than the real thing

Vertigo tour Glasgow 21/06/2005 - mysterious ways, I will follow, Bad, even better than the real thing

360 tour Glasgow 18/08/2009 - New Years Day, Mysterious Ways, I Will Follow, Bad, Bullet The Blue Sky, until the end of the world, even better than the real thing

360 tour Brussels 22/09/2010 - New Year’s Day, pride, Bad, Bullet The Blue Sky, even better than the real thing

360 tour Brussels 23/09/2010 - I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky, even better than the real thing

I&E tour Glasgow 06/11/2015 - Bad, I still haven’t found what I’m looking for, New Year’s Day,

I&E Tour Glasgow 07/11/2015 - One, I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, New Years Day, elevation,

Joshua Tree 2017 Tour London 08/07/2017 - I will follow, mysterious ways, until the end of the world, city of blinding lights, even better than the real thing

E&I Tour London 23/10/2018 - Sunday Bloody Sunday, bad, where the streets have no name, I still haven’t found what I’m looking for, with or without you, Bullet the blue sky, mysterious ways, until the end of the world,

E&I Tour London 24/10/2018 - Same as 23/10/2018
    E&I Tour Berlin 13/11/2018 - Same as 23/10/2018

Joshua Tree 2019 Tour Singapore 30/11/2019 - mysterious ways, until the end of the world, city of blinding lights

Joshua Tree 2019 Tour Singapore 01/12/2019- same as 30/11/2019

There’s a few big songs I’ve left out which arguably should be on there but it’s stuff that’s missed more shows than they’ve been played at. I think the ones I’ve mentioned above have generally featured in more shows than they’ve missed out on. I’ve added in real thing there as even though it has missed a lot of shows it’s still a big song.
  3. Moncton 2011 the last ever 360 omitted Magnificent, however by then they'd turned it to trash anyway 😄
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:There’s a few big songs I’ve left out which arguably should be on there but it’s stuff that’s missed more shows than they’ve been played at. I think the ones I’ve mentioned above have generally featured in more shows than they’ve missed out on. I’ve added in real thing there as even though it has missed a lot of shows it’s still a big song.
    EBTTRT and COBL are dubious inclusions, and in fairness songs that weren't played at all in each tour should not be included I think.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    EBTTRT and COBL are dubious inclusions, and in fairness songs that weren't played at all in each tour should not be included I think.
    I would maybe agree with real thing, not city of blinding lights though. It’s only missed The JT anniversary tours. There’s a few others on there that missed full tours but it’s not about it being a rare omission from a specific tour it’s about it just being a big well known song that wasn’t played that’s been a big feature of previous and future live shows. Bullet the blue sky for example was a live staple up until they dropped it on 360 for the full tour but it still makes it’s omission on 360 worthy of including, same with all the JT tracks on E&I. Real thing I wasn’t sure about but it hasn’t missed that many tours really, just vertigo and JT 2017, albeit it was very rare on a couple of others, but it’s a very well known song. That featured in every 90’s show and has been played a lot in the 10’s.
  6. During 360, I used Pride and SBS to get some beer.
    When they omitted Pride at a show I was at, I was cut short on supply.
  7. Originally posted by Papo:During 360, I used Pride and SBS to get some beer.
    When they omitted Pride at a show I was at, I was cut short on supply.
    Haha yes. The omision of Pride in many 2009 and 2010 shows was a surprise... And a very much welcome one.
  8. Was so use to them playing Out of Control or The Electric Co. after The Miracle of Joey Ramone on the i&e tour that when they didn’t play either one on the concert that would be released from Paris 2015 I was a bit shocked.
  9. Originally posted by Cgmorgan1986:Was so use to them playing Out of Control or The Electric Co. after The Miracle of Joey Ramone on the i&e tour that when they didn’t play either one on the concert that would be released from Paris 2015 I was a bit shocked.
    Thought that was a poor decision not to have either in the Setlist for paris or Gloria even but they must have been keen to include bad, one, people have the power and then letting eagles of death metal fit their song in too. They also played a song less on the E stage in Paris (on the released show). I notice on the show pages the fly is counted on the night of the release but not the night before which makes the sets look pretty even. I don’t know if Bono did sing the fly in Paris though, I know he did in Glasgow which is where the vocal for the release is from. I think the 6th is a better show Setlist wise but Bad was much better on the 7th which counts for a lot. They did at least include electric Co and out of control as bonus tracks anyway plus ordinary love proshot leaked so that’s something, in fact we got 2 show leaks from paris outwith the official release so a good city to have seen them on the tour.
  10. I did not know that about the fly! I am glad to have the Blu ray release so I can watch the two songs on that when I want to.
  11. I remember on the night thinking that vocal sounds different and then confirmed what I thought online probably a day or 2 after the show. I’m guessing he specifically did a live vocal just for that night to use for the release. He was still under the stage I think it kinda had U2gigs stumped as to whether to include it as a song in the Setlist as the previous versions had just been listed as intermission without counting towards the Setlist song total.
  12. If something is performed live surely they would have to count it regardless if its an intermission or not? How can it even be an intermission if the band are still performing?