U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. i highly doubt MSG has any say in setlists. This is basically exactly what we all expected, and not really far off the norm in terms of rotating songs for the last few tours (3-4 in IE, 1-2 in EI).

Have they still been coming on really late? Headed back for our second show next weekend and wondering if we can put the baby to bed before catching an uber to the sphere
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    U2 has to try to sell tickets. Fans are flying in from all over so GA is pretty well covered, and some seats as well, but that still leaves plenty of tickets that need to be moved.

You are doing an album that’s 30+ years old and where people don’t know the deeper cuts. You see it, people don’t know this stuff. So you have to pad out the rest of the show with hits. It’s the exact same formula they followed when doing The Joshua Tree. You need people to hear they are playing the hits if you want to sell out 40 shows. The band struggled to sell two arena shows in 2018 in the same city, playing less familiar material. Thankfully the venue is a draw as well…

I doubt MSG has any say on the nightly set list. This show we have gotten is exactly what I expected after the 2017 and 2019 shows.

The Sphere is the big seller, not anything in the setlist.
  3. There is plenty of dumbells (Bono's word) in town for the big game. Here is another clip about sphere x sports.

4. Why the fuck would you spend that money to go see a band whose songs you clearly don't know and then disingenuously complain that they didn't play any hits?
  5. Originally posted by Keeb13r:Why the fuck would you spend that money to go see a band whose songs you clearly don't know and then disingenuously complain that they didn't play any hits?
    In short to 'neg' on another social group. Sad. I would suggest a budget counselor as well.
  6. Originally posted by opsopcopolis:i highly doubt MSG has any say in setlists. This is basically exactly what we all expected, and not really far off the norm in terms of rotating songs for the last few tours (3-4 in IE, 1-2 in EI).

Have they still been coming on really late? Headed back for our second show next weekend and wondering if we can put the baby to bed before catching an uber to the sphere
    They’ve been on each night at 8:30 for the past few weeks, but last night came on at 8:45.
  7. Originally posted by kris_smith87:Hey @u2wanderer: I read the other day your post about who is booked to play The Sphere in the coming months…

Have you heard anything about those plans changing for a Beyoncé residence?

It’s Phish and then the remains of the Grateful Dead (With John Mayer.) Phish is four shows, and are sold out. Dead and Company have 24 shows booked between May and July, and tickets have sold well. I can’t see them refunding them now or changing things.

Beyoncé is due to be announced shortly I understand. I’m guessing she’ll take over Sphere for the Fall. And supposedly she had already signed on by the time the Dead and Company shows were announced.
  8. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

It’s Phish and then the remains of the Grateful Dead (With John Mayer.) Phish is four shows, and are sold out. Dead and Company have 24 shows booked between May and July, and tickets have sold well. I can’t see them refunding them now or changing things.

Beyoncé is due to be announced shortly I understand. I’m guessing she’ll take over Sphere for the Fall. And supposedly she had already signed on by the time the Dead and Company shows were announced.
    Thank you! I'm a member of the BeyHive and there is a lot of buzzing and hysteria rn. Thanks for your info!
  9. Maybe a similar time line to U2. Any hints of a Beyonce ad at Super Bowl.
  10. Originally posted by Keeb13r:Why the fuck would you spend that money to go see a band whose songs you clearly don't know and then disingenuously complain that they didn't play any hits?
    Did they think they didn't perform Mysterious Ways???? That guy on the far right didn't know the words to any songs??? McAfee didn't know ANY of the songs before the encore???

I love watching the NFL but these guys are idiots.
  11. Pat should stick to football - any dudes that actually listen to him are non existent. Just going for tik tok clicks it’s embarrassing.