1. Us hardcore fans will be fine. We'll either get them in pre sale, wait for price drops or trade with other fans. It's the casuals they are trying to catch out. I also don't think there is that much demand for U2 in stadiums for prices to reach Springsteen levels.

I remember in 2018 when we bought Eminem tickets. I woke up early and got my pair for face value. My friend woke up late, and spent 3x the amount on his pair because he didn't realize they were resale tickets from touts. He just thought that was the normal price. That's the people they're trying to cheat.

Having said that, it may be worth the fan sties preparing a letter to Guy Oseary similar to the one in 2018 stating their concerns?
  2. Originally posted by SJKamal:Us hardcore fans will be fine. We'll either get them in pre sale, wait for price drops or trade with other fans. It's the casuals they are trying to catch out. I also don't think there is that much demand for U2 in stadiums for prices to reach Springsteen levels.

I remember in 2018 when we bought Eminem tickets. I woke up early and got my pair for face value. My friend woke up late, and spent 3x the amount on his pair because he didn't realize they were resale tickets from touts. He just thought that was the normal price. That's the people they're trying to cheat.

Having said that, it may be worth the fan sties preparing a letter to Guy Oseary similar to the one in 2018 stating their concerns?
    I think there will be a lot of hardcore fans that get ripped off because of panic buying. Even if they’re aware of price drops etc panic buying will kick in and logic will go out the window. Hopefully the pre sales are good to most people but anyone who doesn’t have access or doesn’t have luck in the presale I think will end up spending a fortune when the general sales open.
  3. Dynamic pricing is essentially what the airlines do. It makes sense. Concert tickets for many acts like U2 have been underpriced for decades. It’s why the scalping market exists. Everyone that wants a ticket will still be able get one, you will just have to approach how and when you buy the ticket a little differently. I like it, but certainly get some won’t.
  4. There have been tickets for next to nothing in recent years for some shows.

Auckland had tickets for a few euros. Louisville had tickets for 7 USD.

In Europe, only Paris 2 in 2017 was one I remember with tickets under face value.

All either on the day of the show or close.
  5. Originally posted by ap5:Dynamic pricing is essentially what the airlines do. It makes sense. Concert tickets for many acts like U2 have been underpriced for decades. It’s why the scalping market exists. Everyone that wants a ticket will still be able get one, you will just have to approach how and when you buy the ticket a little differently. I like it, but certainly get some won’t.
    You are right it does make business sense really. When broken down what is simply happening is the band are taking money off the scalpers just through fans. If the prices were just what they’ve always been scalpers would get their hands on the tickets and the with the gig sold out instantly the same fans that will be taken advantage of by the dynamic pricing will just be taken advantage of by the scalpers instead. The only issue is people didn’t like the scalpers and now that dislike will turn to the band instead. But the solution is to only pay what you’re comfortable with or feel is fair, it’s understandable though that big fans who are excited and anxious about ticket sales end up panic buying and paying more than they want to rather than wait to nearer the gig for tickets to get cheaper. The real solution is to find a way of stopping scalpers and charging more reasonable amounts. Photo ID on tickets/ticket sites is the way to go I think and face value resale only which then obviously requires a photo switch to the new buyer.
  6. It’s so ridiculous how ticket fees can be 40% of the total cost now. As for band membership, it’s never been necessary for me to get tickets I want. There’s always plenty in general sale especially nowadays. They’ve always been the same price in general sale as presale. I think if you are patient, you can wait at the right moment to snag tickets at low demand pricing.
  7. Also really hope they don’t do the non-transfer tickets again. What a headache that is.
  8. Originally posted by ap5:Dynamic pricing is essentially what the airlines do. It makes sense. Concert tickets for many acts like U2 have been underpriced for decades. It’s why the scalping market exists. Everyone that wants a ticket will still be able get one, you will just have to approach how and when you buy the ticket a little differently. I like it, but certainly get some won’t.
    It makes no sense. No one is queuing to get tickets for an airline flight. It's just an excuse to implement this lame thing.
  9. Originally posted by SJKamal:Us hardcore fans will be fine. We'll either get them in pre sale, wait for price drops or trade with other fans. It's the casuals they are trying to catch out. I also don't think there is that much demand for U2 in stadiums for prices to reach Springsteen levels.

It’s the casuals who are most likely to login, see the price of those tickets at the peak of demand and just never bother again. I know if I saw Springsteen tickets for $4400, I’m just going to skip it. I’m not going to keep checking back.
  10. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    It’s the casuals who are most likely to login, see the price of those tickets at the peak of demand and just never bother again. I know if I saw Springsteen tickets for $4400, I’m just going to skip it. I’m not going to keep checking back.
    Same for me with any other artist than U2. I will quit and stop checking and forget about it.
  11. See that’s where we differ. I log in and see U2 for $4400 I’m probably not logging back in either.

When the ticket fiasco happened in 2005 I just skipped that leg of the tour and went to Europe instead. Something like demand pricing would just drive me to see shows where it’s not used. I know Harry Styles’ use of it caused some of his fans to plot shows around where it wasn’t in use.

I will have to travel to any show I want to go to so it gives me that option to be picky on what city I see. And where I am located heading to Europe isn’t that much worse then flying to the US.
  12. So who wins with dynamic pricing? Is it ticketmaster, Livenation or the artist?I see Steve Van Zandt dismissed a fan on Twitter saying ‘we have no control over ticket prices’ but is that a legitimate argument if it means his pockets are lined with even more dollars than they would if it was set price ranges?