1. If vertigo on 40 SOS sounds like that, then as fans of U2's music, we really have to worry. It sounds terrible to me too. I don't think this will go well. That's why I won't buy the album 40 Songs for the time being, but first listen to it on YouTube. And I think that book, as you can hear in the lecture now, will largely reflect his personal side for who and against whom he is fighting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i4aR0v9wfgU
  2. Originally posted by felix2:And I think that book, as you can hear in the lecture now, will largely reflect his personal side for who and against whom he is fighting
    It's called autobiography for a reason you know
  3. What is special about this literary form is the identity between author and narrator and protagonist. The autobiography. And that's very difficult to get across, to identify with his views, his religious values, his views on world improvement, oh how unjust the world is, etc. with him. As U2 fans we all know what his views are and we've all heard it in the live concerts. And so it will continue in the book.
  4. Originally posted by felix2:[..]
    What is special about this literary form is the identity between author and narrator and protagonist. The autobiography. And that's very difficult to get across, to identify with his views, his religious values, his views on world improvement, oh how unjust the world is, etc. with him. As U2 fans we all know what his views are and we've all heard it in the live concerts. And so it will continue in the book.
    Yeah, it's an autobiography of someone that has openly spoken about his views on almost everything for around 40 years, I don't think anyone is expecting many surprises regarding that.

In any case, it would be nice if you could your thoughts regarding the book in the Surrender Memoir thread and regarding the Stories Of Surrender performances in the Stories Of Surrender - Bono solo little tour - November 2022 thread, thanks