1. The song sounds like it has Sugar Ray and Blink 182 vibes, in the Guitar Riff Sounds, you can hear the riff of Every Morning, and in the Drum Sounds, I Miss You can be heard too. So It definitely has some vibes, but the guitar work is amazing. But it really doesn't sound acoustic, it just sounds like a quieter electric version. Like if Edge played this on a Gretsch, also sounding a bit countrified and Mid 90s Alternative Rock in there too. But Still Awesome Version.
  2. I like it, but then again I would like anything WOWY related.
  3. acoustic covers to me is like Dave Grohl doing Times Like These, this surely has an acoustic guitar… but there are so many effects and definitely some electric instruments being used, to me it’s not a true acoustic album - which is perfectly ok
  4. Originally posted by Unodostres123:It doesn’t really sound like a reimagining at all does it. I think so many of us are in agreement with that. Stripping a song down isn’t really reimagining it. The reimagined versions are when the band play the songs live and you hear the changes whether it be different solo’s slightly different guitar parts or Bono singing the song differently, I’m not as clued up on drumming but I’d imagine Larry varies things up from the studio versions too. It doesn’t need to be massive changes but put together it makes reworked songs. These aren’t reworked songs they are stripped back versions of songs.

My sentiment totally. Both of these new versions so far lack any real production to call them re-imagined
    They just feel like acoustic / chilled minimalist versions to keep Bono & Edge mentally stimulated during lockdown ?
  5. Originally posted by johnthedude:The song sounds like it has Sugar Ray and Blink 182 vibes, in the Guitar Riff Sounds, you can hear the riff of Every Morning, and in the Drum Sounds, I Miss You can be heard too. So It definitely has some vibes, but the guitar work is amazing. But it really doesn't sound acoustic, it just sounds like a quieter electric version. Like if Edge played this on a Gretsch, also sounding a bit countrified and Mid 90s Alternative Rock in there too. But Still Awesome Version.
    What?!

The day U2 sound like Sugar Ray or Blink is the day I leap off an overpass
  6. This version is obnoxious.
  7. It sounds like Edge is using some delay/loop on acoustic bass.

The service from U2.com in sending out mp3/flac has been really good. I think the company is called single.xyz

I wish I could get a solid copy though.

This album was the right decision to do during COVIDTIMES and its INFLATIONARY post-years.

They will be back soon. We might even get new material by the end of the year.
  8. I'm curious what all U2 fans can expect with the new U2 Rock album if SOS is supposed to be the sound of the 21st century? It was proclaimed as rock or rocking. SOS 40 Songs is already a thing of the past.
  9. They seem to have a young producer.

Duncan Stewart from Basement UK
  10. Originally posted by miryclay:It sounds like Edge is using some delay/loop on acoustic bass.

The service from U2.com in sending out mp3/flac has been really good. I think the company is called single.xyz

I wish I could get a solid copy though.

This album was the right decision to do during COVIDTIMES and its INFLATIONARY post-years.

They will be back soon. We might even get new material by the end of the year.
    I’m enjoying it. Better than the original? No. But I’m enjoying the alternate lyric. I like the more mature take here. I am enjoying this one more than “Pride”.

My one criticism? Pride starts off acoustic, drums and bass comes in at the end as the track builds. With or Without You follows the same formula. I would have preferred something a little more different in structure for the second song.

I also loved the book tour version a lot. The cello just feels like it’s missing now. Wish they’d worked out a few of these after that tour happened.
  11. I don't hear any 21C influence on this track.
  12. Most of all, it bothers me that the whole thing sounds terribly amateurish. It sounds like better karaoke. Absolutel horrible production 😞 All the instruments sound like when it is recorded on an iphone... Otherwise, as a whole “ok” but what a disastrous ending.. when a person somehow gets into it and tunes in, a strange end comes.
    WOWY is amazing because it builds and profits from the “atmosphere”. The band is trying to get you there but ends it after 3 minutes 🤔. For me, it's better than Pride, but uhh, somehow I don't buy it.

So far, so bad