1. I was wondering a lot yesterday - why this guy and not some more established musician and what I think it comes down to is - they have deemed him good enough to do this job, but they can also fire him at any point if they’re unsatisfied or have “creative differences”, without spoiling a relationship with someone more established or the guy raising a stink about the whole experience within the music business. If someone else ends up performing at these shows, I doubt that anyone will care much.
  2. Originally posted by Hansav:I was wondering a lot yesterday - why this guy and not some more established musician and what I think it comes down to is - they have deemed him good enough to do this job, but they can also fire him at any point if they’re unsatisfied or have “creative differences”, without spoiling a relationship with someone more established or the guy raising a stink about the whole experience within the music business. If someone else ends up performing at these shows, I doubt that anyone will care much.
    I guess they just want a nice guy who is good at drumming.

3. I know lots of musicians/bands starting decades ago but never knew of him He's a metal drummer I read hmm.. not a U2 man. Why not chosen Brian Downey he's Irish (ex-Thin Lizzy) still going strong. But maybe not for U2. Best drummer ever Neil Peart (Rush) R.I.P.
    But Bram is well chosen by The Edge I think.
  4. It will be very different. Look at how The Rolling Stones sound without Charlie. Steve Jordan is a completely different style of drummer.
  5. Not saying that playing with an iconic band such as U2 would not be an amazing honor for most any musician, but its quite possible many of the first choices that U2 reached out to as drummer replacement, may have simply decided it would not be the right fit as far as the pressure, or some may have prior commitments. Takes two sides to agree to fill in as drummer here. Just my 2 cents.
  6. If metal drummer, then Tommy Lee.

If the songs sound or sound different than we know them from the CD or the live concert, that's not good for everyone. Larry Mullen's drumming fits right in. I guess that won't sound good with the new one. My opinion. The new one will practice respect baby songs to the point of exhaustion. He has 7 months to do it. And I don't think he can do it. The hardness and the softness, like the sticks that are used to play the skins in the songs.
  7. Originally posted by pearlvr4:Not saying that playing with an iconic band such as U2 would not be an amazing honor for most any musician, but its quite possible many of the first choices that U2 reached out to as drummer replacement, may have simply decided it would not be the right fit as far as the pressure, or some may have prior commitments. Takes two sides to agree to fill in as drummer here. Just my 2 cents.
    When arguably the biggest band in the world comes and kocks on your door you just don't say no, do you? I doubt any drummer (neither famous or obscure) would, no matter how important their prior commitments were.
  8. It will also be interesting to see who is drumming for the Foo Fighters this summer.
  9. Originally posted by felix2:If metal drummer, then Tommy Lee.

If the songs sound or sound different than we know them from the CD or the live concert, that's not good for everyone. Larry Mullen's drumming fits right in. I guess that won't sound good with the new one. My opinion. The new one will practice respect baby songs to the point of exhaustion. He has 7 months to do it. And I don't think he can do it. The hardness and the softness, like the sticks that are used to play the skins in the songs.
    LOL Yes, he could replace Adam's fifth member.

Ridiculous. This Dutch guy will be up to snuff.