1. No it’s not. And it shouldn’t ever be U2 if LMJ doesn’t return. I’ll still go see a sphere show just because it’s AB but if it was any other theme, probably not. I still can’t believe The Edge is already saying they wouldn’t rule out replacing Larry down the line. End the band if that’s the case.
  2. Originally posted by Monopoly:No it’s not. And it shouldn’t ever be U2 if LMJ doesn’t return. I’ll still go see a sphere show just because it’s AB but if it was any other theme, probably not. I still can’t believe The Edge is already saying they wouldn’t rule out replacing Larry down the line. End the band if that’s the case.
    When did Edge say that they wouldn’t rule out “replacing” Larry?
  3. This is silly. If The Who could replace Keith Moon and not skip a beat, I'm sure that U2 will be fine.

When I think of irreplaceable drummers, John Bonham comes to mind and nobody else.
  4. REM was still REM right
  5. This has nothing to do with musicianship. Lots of people could play drums in U2. Hell, with a few months of practice to get my chops back, I could probably play drums in U2.

This is about almost fifty years of loyalty and commitment. U2 is Bono, Edge, Larry, and Adam. Period.
  6. Originally posted by dstankie:This has nothing to do with musicianship. Lots of people could play drums in U2. Hell, with a few months of practice to get my chops back, I could probably play drums in U2.

This is about almost fifty years of loyalty and commitment. U2 is Bono, Edge, Larry, and Adam. Period.
    I hear you, but LOTS of great bands have replaced band members over the years for one reason or another. Even the Stones moved on after Charlie Watts died. The fact is that U2 is Bono, and maybe Edge because of his unconventional guitar playing that makes up U2's sound. Larry and Adam can be easily replaced. Not that the band would necessarily want to go on without those two, but it easily could.
  7. Originally posted by coldrain:[..]
    I hear you, but LOTS of great bands have replaced band members over the years for one reason or another. Even the Stones moved on after Charlie Watts died. The fact is that U2 is Bono, and maybe Edge because of his unconventional guitar playing that makes up U2's sound. Larry and Adam can be easily replaced. Not that the band would necessarily want to go on without those two, but it easily could.
    U2 is Bono and maybe Edge? Sorry, that's laughable. Listen to their shows between 80-83 and beyond in depth and you can definitely hear why U2 is all four of them. Yeah they can get away with using a stand-in drummer for a group of shows, but it's the spirit of the four of them that makes them U2. Would you really want to see Bono with three session musicians under the name U2? I definitely would not.
  8. I see a lot of people bitching. Just be happy we get to see U2 again Jesus Christ
  9. Originally posted by Monopoly:No it’s not. And it shouldn’t ever be U2 if LMJ doesn’t return. I’ll still go see a sphere show just because it’s AB but if it was any other theme, probably not. I still can’t believe The Edge is already saying they wouldn’t rule out replacing Larry down the line. End the band if that’s the case.
    Can you link to Edge saying he wont rule out them replacing Larry some day?

Hard to believe that.
  10. Yeah...is this a sign of things to come? If Larry is unavailable, someone else will drum ?
  11. Yeah they hinted at that in some of the recent interviews surrounding the SOS release. Hard to tell which since there were around 3948305945 interviews coming out at the same time, but it did happen.