1. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni[..]

You are absolutely right...I love Vertigo and Elevation..I'm just telling that this songs make me jump...and I will follow and Out of Control too....all are great, amazing and special songs!!!

see you friend!!

yeah definitely, only difference is that I Will Follow and out of Control have a deep emotional meaning for the band. But I think songs like Elevation, Vertigo and Discotheque don't necessarily have as deep a meaning (although Discotheque is probably the best out of those 3 )
  2. Originally posted by AAV711[..]

yeah definitely, only difference is that I Will Follow and out of Control have a deep emotional meaning for the band. But I think songs like Elevation, Vertigo and Discotheque don't necessarily have as deep a meaning (although Discotheque is probably the best out of those 3 )

You're right again...and I'd rather Elevation than Vertigo and Discotheque...but is what I said...all are great songs...after all we are talking about U2

3. For me, I feel there always seems to be a lyric that will stick out the most. Some are great and some are not, my top lyric right now is:

"The more you know the less you feel
    Some pray for others steal
    Blessings not just for the ones who kneel.... luckily."

The lyric I could say I feel silly when I sing it is:

"You know you're chewing bubblegum
    You know what that is
    But you still want some
    'Cause you just can't get enough
    Of that lovie dovie stuff"

For some reason though I don't mind Elevation.
  4. Well, you finally don't understood my post. I told that, even I don't like the lyrics, I am able to love a song, and to jump, shout and leave my throat back with this song (Elevation, Vertigo). We all agree with that.
    But the post was asking for the worst lyric; here we all agree, Elevation (and even Vertigo) has silly, meaningless lyrics.

See you!!
  5. It's just too difficult for U2-fans to point out bad lyrics..
  6. Pride's lyrics aren't good as well, if you just concentrate on the lyrics. But when these sentences come alive, with Bono's passion, they really astonish me.
    So to have a good song, good lyrics aren't really necessary. Passion is more important.
  7. I think Pride has some of the best lyrics ever..but we all have different opinions..
  8. Originally posted by LikeASongWell, you finally don't understood my post. I told that, even I don't like the lyrics, I am able to love a song, and to jump, shout and leave my throat back with this song (Elevation, Vertigo). We all agree with that.
    But the post was asking for the worst lyric; here we all agree, Elevation (and even Vertigo) has silly, meaningless lyrics.

See you!!

I think there are a LOT of songs with "bad" lyrics, or maybe not bad but silly...
    think about it :

Lemon (...midnight is where the day begins...)
    Discotheque (... you know you're chewing bubblegum etc.)
    Vertigo (Unos Dos Tres Quatorce
    Elevation ( A mole digging in a hole)
    The Fly (... Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief etc )
    Grace (It's a name for a girl..)

Etc etc...

These are all just (weird) statements "This is this, that is that..."
    But the music on the songs is always very good and because the lyrics are weird, they become nice

But for me the worst lyrics must be from Numb when i think about this...
    => Don't do this, don't do that... Boring
  9. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy[..]

Agreed. I think you can compare it to Vertigo (although Vertigo sounds better). Vertigo is not song where the lyrics are important. Just as elevation.

well as for me i kinda got tired of vertigo lol. I LOVE ELEVATION!!! The lyrics are hecka sweet
  10. "I threw a brick through a window." In my humble opinion.

I also agree on "You just can't get enough / Of that lovey-dovey stuff." If he had something like, "Of that motherfucking stuff," it proooobably would've had a bit more impact.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASongElevation has really bad lyrics, even knowing the fact that all we love it.
    I hate One Step Closer (lyric and music).
    Red Light has also bad lyrics, in my opinion, and the same goes to Is That All?...

I LOVE ONE STEP CLOSER! lol its so soothing and deep :O im surprised u dont like it
  12. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyPride's lyrics aren't good as well, if you just concentrate on the lyrics. But when these sentences come alive, with Bono's passion, they really astonish me.
    So to have a good song, good lyrics aren't really necessary. Passion is more important.

true