1. Hi everyone.
    Having just finished this little project, I thought a few of you might be interested in this one.
    Here are the 4 missing songs that weren't included on the Super Deluxe Edition of The Joshua Tree. I've remastered them from a mp3 recording which you will probably be familiar with.
    I’ve just downloaded a demo of some software called RipX. It enables you to split certain elements of audio. So I thought let’s try it out on these songs. It split the parts into 6 stems, bass, drums, guitar, others, piano and vocals. I then loaded them into Logic ProX, used various plug-ins and got to work on them.
    I used the M.S.G. tracks from the boxset as a basic reference regarding e.q. etc. Got as good as I could There was a slight problem with phasing and a few Adam and Edge drop outs. I did some copying and pasting in places. Bad was particularly difficult, but I’m pleased with the results. The kick and snare throughout I sampled from Party Girl and had to stitch each hit along with Larry’s stem. This was to give it some added weight in order for it to sound as close to the released songs as possible. On Bad there is only added kick to Larry’s drum pattern.
    The original mp3 recording is not quite mono, but I have done some panning to open the overall sound and make it feel much fuller. Having listened to U2 for over 40 years, I mixed these tunes to how my ears have heard them over the decades.
    Not exact obviously, but I tried.
    I hope you like the end result.
  2. Thank you!! hard and great work!!
  3. Fantastic Work! Thank you for sharing. Sounds great!
  4. Excellent!
  5. great job
  6. Thankyou for your work, that’s one of the best high quality 80’s live recording of The Unforgettable Fire ever!
  7. Very cool! Thank you for doing this - and sharing it!

Was a bit disappointed when they released this MSG show without these tracks (no Bad or TUF????? What????) back in 2017.

Is this available/allowed as four split tracks?
  8. Thanks for your feedback guys, much appreciated.
    Feel free to P.M me.
  9. This sounds really great: as if these tracks were in the official release! I'm glad the live album will finally be complete!

Now all that's left is Bullet.
  10. Don't forget to give me your email addresses.