2023-10-14 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. At this point down the line, I still think Bad, Out of Control, I Will Follow & Sunday Bloody Sunday have somehow got to be played. Let I Will Follow be played as an encore, Out of Control be an acoustic rarity,
  2. I think there's a chance that they won't want to play SBS based on that being the most "Larry" song of their catalog, and Larry not being there. Also, that's maybe their most "irish" song, and this time there's someone with 0 connection to Ireland in there.

On the other hand maybe they don't overthink this too much and they play it.
  3. If Sunday Bloody Sunday misses out on this tour, this will be the second time since Lovetown that it never missed the show. And it's the first time since April of 1997 that Sunday Bloody Sunday missed Opening Night!.
  4. Damn those boys can still put on a show. I feel like this venue allows them to perform the way they've been trying to perform their whole career, and they THRIVE in it
  5. Chat and thank you! Can’t believe that made the set
  6. 'Chat' even made it twice...
  7. Originally posted by johnthedude:If Sunday Bloody Sunday misses out on this tour, this will be the second time since Lovetown that it never missed the show. And it's the first time since April of 1997 that Sunday Bloody Sunday missed Opening Night!.
    Maybe NYD over SBS?
    Take the "Adam song" over the "Larry song."
  8. I just hope they play I Will Follow at least once. So it has been played at every tour.
  9. I was at the show with my family (wife and kids ages 11 and 8). It was both of my kids' first concert. My fourth U2 show and first since 2005. My wife's second (also since 2005).

I was the only one actually looking forward to the show, and it met/exceeded all of my expectations. I was quite happy with the SoS selections. As cool as it would have been to get new songs, I really wanted to get All I Want Is You, because it was our first dance at our wedding, and the concert was on our 17th anniversary. Still Haven't Found was a nice surprise after AIWIY and Desire.

My wife isn't into concerts, but the Sphere technology and visuals were intriguing to her. It was nice for her to experience AIWIY. They didn't play it at our last show.

My eleven-year-old has been using all of her tween angst and sarcasm to rail against the show since I bought the tickets, but she's the most into music (mostly pop), and I had hoped she would become a convert. I don't think she got all of the way there, but I saw her bopping and singing along to around half of the songs. She said afterwards that it was ok, but there were other acts she was wishing she could have seen instead.

My eight-year-old was looking forward to the show based on videos I had shown him of the visuals. However, he goes to bed at 8, and has never stayed up as late as the show goes. He fell asleep during the second AB segment. He woke up in time for the encore. He loved the visuals for the first half of the show, but the bright and flashing lights were a bit much for him after he took his power nap. He did say his favorite songs were Vertigo and Elevation, so he rallied a bit during the encore.

The only negative I have is that the crowd seemed really casual compared to my prior shows. The sign along parts seemed super quiet and weak. Some of it may be the Sphere logistics and acoustics. I was in the 400s and only had maybe 20 rows of people behind me and no one across the building signing back towards me unlike a traditional stadium/arena. I hope it was better in the lower levels and in GA with more people behind you singing.

Hopefully a recording exists and gets published over the next few days. I'd be devastated if this was my first U2 show that I didn't have a permanent copy to listen to.
  10. Originally posted by bstie1198:I was at the show with my family (wife and kids ages 11 and 8). It was both of my kids' first concert. My fourth U2 show and first since 2005. My wife's second (also since 2005).

I was the only one actually looking forward to the show, and it met/exceeded all of my expectations. I was quite happy with the SoS selections. As cool as it would have been to get new songs, I really wanted to get All I Want Is You, because it was our first dance at our wedding, and the concert was on our 17th anniversary. Still Haven't Found was a nice surprise after AIWIY and Desire.

My wife isn't into concerts, but the Sphere technology and visuals were intriguing to her. It was nice for her to experience AIWIY. They didn't play it at our last show.

My eleven-year-old has been using all of her tween angst and sarcasm to rail against the show since I bought the tickets, but she's the most into music (mostly pop), and I had hoped she would become a convert. I don't think she got all of the way there, but I saw her bopping and singing along to around half of the songs. She said afterwards that it was ok, but there were other acts she was wishing she could have seen instead.

My eight-year-old was looking forward to the show based on videos I had shown him of the visuals. However, he goes to bed at 8, and has never stayed up as late as the show goes. He fell asleep during the second AB segment. He woke up in time for the encore. He loved the visuals for the first half of the show, but the bright and flashing lights were a bit much for him after he took his power nap. He did say his favorite songs were Vertigo and Elevation, so he rallied a bit during the encore.

The only negative I have is that the crowd seemed really casual compared to my prior shows. The sign along parts seemed super quiet and weak. Some of it may be the Sphere logistics and acoustics. I was in the 400s and only had maybe 20 rows of people behind me and no one across the building signing back towards me unlike a traditional stadium/arena. I hope it was better in the lower levels and in GA with more people behind you singing.

Hopefully a recording exists and gets published over the next few days. I'd be devastated if this was my first U2 show that I didn't have a permanent copy to listen to.
    A recording is on U2Torrents