1. Hey, guys! I just heard this documentary about the Bosnian war and U2's subsequent Popmart show in Sarajevo is getting a theatrical release exclusively at AMC Theaters later this month. Here's the description:

KISS THE FUTURE, directed by Nenad Cicin-Sain, produced by Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Sarah Anthony, story by Bill Carter and Cicin-Sain, screenplay by Carter, based on his memoir: "Fools Rush In,” is the story of defiance amid the 1990s siege of Sarajevo during the Bosnian War. The film focuses on a vibrant underground community who used music and art to effect change and garner global attention by ultimately inspiring an American aid worker to reach out to the world’s biggest band U2 to help raise awareness of the devastating conflict. KISS THE FUTURE follows the band’s promise to perform a post-war concert that saw U2 play to over 45,000 local fans in a liberated city, a show that lives on as a joyous collective memory for the people of Sarajevo.

The showing on 2/21 will feature a pre-recorded Q/A with Edge and Adam after the movie. https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/kiss-the-future-a-dolby-special-event-76030

If anyone is in Denver, CO, I'll be going to the screening at the AMC in Westminster, if you wanna catch up before the show.

Mario
  2. Saw this last night, and it's a great documentary. Heartbreaking, defiant, and even joyful in parts. Highly recommended!
  3. I went last night too and loved it. I knew most of the details of U2's involvement with Sarajevo already, but to hear all the people tell their stories directly and actually see video footage (Bill Carter's interview with Bono, the actual satellite link ups during the Zoo TV shows, the footage during the Bosnian War, and the Sarajevo concert itself) was so illuminating. I couldn't believe the footage they had in their archives that made up the film.
  4. I’m going to see it this weekend - surprised there hasn’t been more discussion about it amongst U2 fans!

Reviews have been really good in the press and great to see folks here have enjoyed it too. Looking forward to seeing it.
  5. I would love to see it but don't have any AMC theatre near me playing it.

The moment during the trailer when "One" started playing gave me goosebumps.
  6. I checked the all of the theaters where I'm currently living and it's not showing anywhere. I'll be moving next week to live somewhere else and it's not showing in any of the theaters there, either. Hopefully I can catch it somewhere . . . . . I'll just have to research it.
  7. Paramount+ will have it later this year as well.
  8. I was not aware of that. I will make a note of that.

At Roger Ebert's movie review website, the documentary received 3 out of 4 stars. Although I have not yet seen the documentary and I have not yet read the review . . . . . I'm a little surprised their star rating is that good because their film critics can be pretty tough with film evaluations [which is a good thing in my opinion]. So . . . . . 3 out of 4 stars usually means it is worth seeing.
  9. Will see it Saturday , hard to find a theater for it!
  10. Originally posted by Keeb13r:I went last night too and loved it. I knew most of the details of U2's involvement with Sarajevo already, but to hear all the people tell their stories directly and actually see video footage (Bill Carter's interview with Bono, the actual satellite link ups during the Zoo TV shows, the footage during the Bosnian War, and the Sarajevo concert itself) was so illuminating. I couldn't believe the footage they had in their archives that made up the film.
    It’s so crazy that we clearly have HD footage of Zoo shows that they are just holding from us :/
  11. Originally posted by Keeb13r:I went last night too and loved it. I knew most of the details of U2's involvement with Sarajevo already, but to hear all the people tell their stories directly and actually see video footage (Bill Carter's interview with Bono, the actual satellite link ups during the Zoo TV shows, the footage during the Bosnian War, and the Sarajevo concert itself) was so illuminating. I couldn't believe the footage they had in their archives that made up the film.
    I saw it this afternoon and agree. Really well done and powerful. Similar - knew a lot of the details from that period, just horrible to see in greater detail what was really going on. Very powerful and moving seeing how much the music scene and ultimately how the 1997 Popmart show impacted them. Recommendation to those that want to see it, go see it soon before it leaves your local AMC. There were five people in my theater in the Denver area.
  12. Sure but how many full shows?