1. We have a new You Too poll, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The question of this new You Too is:

You Too: What are your thoughts on U2's supposed new song, Glorify?
    - Sounds amazing, could be one of U2's best
    - I like it, it's good but not great
    - I don't like it, it's not what I hoped for
    - I don't like U2 songs that feature a different singer

2. I'll wait for a proper studio release. These beach clips and such never do a song justice.
  3. I'm excited by it for sure but it's hard to judge it too hard by what we've heard. Having said that I voted for the first option
  4. I mean, I wouldn’t call that recording a “beach clip”.
  5. I absolutely adore it. It’s not typical of modern U2. The melody suits Bono and it has a definite hook. I am fully invested.
  6. Yeah really hoping they continue down this path, if they are going to continue to try to be relevant which seems to be the case - this is the best route.
  7. tired of this 2000's stuff. pass.
  8. Lets hear a clean studio version first...
  9. little bit of Zooropa/Pop feel to this
  10. I could see it working well as a Brittany/Bono duet, akin to The Troubles.

Otherwise, I think it might seem out of place... The Wanderer works so well (in the context of Zooropa) in-part because the instrumentation fits the album, and even then, there are some Bono/Edge background vocals at the end. (Also the song really fits Johnny Cash's voice)

But like muzika mentioned, it can only be fairly judged with a proper studio version.