2024-02-24 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by SlightedRadio91:What's up with there being no videos on YouTube for either of this week's shows? Did the Sphere just really crack down on videoing, or did a lot of fans just skip out on going?

I think it’s a case of not many hardcore fans going that weekend. The previous weekend of February 17-18 was filled with big fans, due to a combination of it being a 3 day holiday weekend and at the time, the last shows. When they announced shows 37-40, I think people opted for the final weekend. I’ve done a lot of shows including the previous 3 weekends in a row and when the last 4 were announced, I purposely avoided Feb 23-24 and chose the final weekend instead.
  2. Originally posted by KenL:[..]

I think it’s a case of not many hardcore fans going that weekend. The previous weekend of February 17-18 was filled with big fans, due to a combination of it being a 3 day holiday weekend and at the time, the last shows. When they announced shows 37-40, I think people opted for the final weekend. I’ve done a lot of shows including the previous 3 weekends in a row and when the last 4 were announced, I purposely avoided Feb 23-24 and chose the final weekend instead.
    What is the difference between fans, hardcore fans and big fans?
  3. Fans still listen to old U2 every day.
    Hardcore fans still go to U2 concerts.
    Big fans still like Bono’s voice.
    😉
  4. They were recording the show for the official tour video. I wouldn't be surprised if they are sending notices for it to be taken down.
  5. In the context of U2 concerts, hardcore fans are the ones who go to a large amount of shows each tour and travel around to see them vs fans who like U2 but may only see one local show on a tour or skip entire tours. On the weekend of Feb 17-18 I saw probably at least 25 fans that I’ve seen at many previous shows, some I know, some I just recognize. The previous 2 weekends I saw only a few people I recognized. Based on talking to people I know who go to multiple shows, very few were going this past weekend. I may be wrong though in assuming that bigger fans attending means that more videos will appear online.