1. Yup, it is a trend. Especially for those acts that are thin on material. U2 not so much.
    I would imagine more a 'selections of'.
  2. It is difficult to make sense of remasters and re-issues in terms of chorological order without a timeline.
    U2 are confused by nature, fans are confused. Only U2W1 can make any sense of this.
  3. Originally posted by ap5:Why did U2 cheat us on the Lemon single remaster? Where is the Lemon (Lemonade Mix)? I’ve been looking for a high quality version of that for years!

The Lenonade Mox was released as promo CD so should be fairly easy to get a high quality audio. Actually I have a copy.,. ;-)
  4. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:Hmmm this release suggests to me we won't be getting anything new from the band this year in the way of a full blown proper album release from the band. Sigh!

These won’t get much promo outside of the initial announcement and serve to remind people of their earlier work with what little promo is done. And the project is due to be wrapped up by September.
  5. a question about "Holy Joe", there's a official version that could appear on a future release, or the official version it's one of this: Holy Joe (Garage Mix), Holy Joe (Guilty Mix)?
  6. Originally posted by hedyzera:a question about "Holy Joe", there's a official version that could appear on a future release, or the official version it's one of this: Holy Joe (Garage Mix), Holy Joe (Guilty Mix)?
    i think are official
  7. compared to the Kmart Live version, neither appears to be the official one, just a "mix", but, looking for the Japanese Pop release, the Guilty Mix, seems to be the ""real"" studio version (weak version imo)
  8. at the time, discothèque is even different in live version, that's not right what u sayin
  9. omg man when I say official it's like the original studio version, or the version that the band intended to release in 1997, in fact I already found the answer you didn't help me at all
  10. Originally posted by hedyzera:[..]
    omg man when I say official it's like the original studio version, or the version that the band intended to release in 1997, in fact I already found the answer you didn't help me at all
    The Garage Mix was the B-side on the single anywhere it was 2-tracks. And the Guilty mix was packaged with the remixes. So I always put a little more weight toward the Garage Mix as what would have ended up on a compilation. But hard to say for sure. Both were released the same day and neither was an obvious remix. More that they were two alternate versions…both left unfinished in the end?
  11. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    The Garage Mix was the B-side on the single anywhere it was 2-tracks. And the Guilty mix was packaged with the remixes. So I always put a little more weight toward the Garage Mix as what would have ended up on a compilation. But hard to say for sure. Both were released the same day and neither was an obvious remix. More that they were two alternate versions…both left unfinished in the end?
    good answer bro, in the end I also feel that both versions feel unfinished, but in Japanese release of Pop, the Guilty Mix appeared on tracklist, maybe this one was considered the ""final version"" of it
  12. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Good song It definitely would have been a better option on Pop instead of Playboy mansion or Miami, I wonder what other contenders they had for the album at the time because Holy Joe was the only original song they put out as a B side the rest were mainly remixes or covers I know they put out "Slow Dancing" and "Two shots of happy one shot of sad" on IGWSHA but I don't think they were ever intended for POP.