1. Yes, I feel like you Pablo( ) when I hear some songs, it's causes in me something like levitate, like going to another place in my mind. Some songs like Stay, If God Will Send Hi Angels, A Man And Woman, In A Little While, Kite, Please, All I Want Is You...etc.

"It's a musical journey" (Larry, Rattle And Hum) Lol

Sorry for my inglish, it's no so good...

Bye!
    Anto
  2. Hey Pablo, Hey everybody,
    I wanted to thank you for bringing this subject to light. It's one that is very near and close to me.

It wasn't until I was stuck in a Pheonix airport with many other U2 fans on our Journey to Honolulu. There I met vox4life, a U2start user and friend (Hi Vox), He's the reason I'm here, other than the obvious. But I realized i wasn't alone, I wasn't the only one who felt this way.

I completely know how you feel. It's almost as if I am taken some place else, another level, a better state of being, of living. With in this past year I have gone through some major life changes and it seems U2 has been my solace, my comfort, as well as, family and God.
    Which brings me to wonder why people like the lady on youtube have so much bad to say about U2. I don't understand where they come from, because I too have grown stronger in my faith.
    I truely believe U2's music was meant for everyone, everyone to hear, so that we may come to know God's graces and life's blessings.
    U2 is a gift that I will treasue always.

I have so much to say on this subject, it's overwhelming.

I am also very grateful to be able share my thoughts with you guys, Thanks for all that you do.
  3. Originally posted by roxriosHey Pablo, Hey everybody,
    I wanted to thank you for bringing this subject to light. It's one that is very near and close to me.

It wasn't until I was stuck in a Pheonix airport with many other U2 fans on our Journey to Honolulu. There I met vox4life, a U2start user and friend (Hi Vox), He's the reason I'm here, other than the obvious. But I realized i wasn't alone, I wasn't the only one who felt this way.

I completely know how you feel. It's almost as if I am taken some place else, another level, a better state of being, of living. With in this past year I have gone through some major life changes and it seems U2 has been my solace, my comfort, as well as, family and God.
    Which brings me to wonder why people like the lady on youtube have so much bad to say about U2. I don't understand where they come from, because I too have grown stronger in my faith.
    I truely believe U2's music was meant for everyone, everyone to hear, so that we may come to know God's graces and life's blessings.
    U2 is a gift that I will treasue always.

I have so much to say on this subject, it's overwhelming.

I am also very grateful to be able share my thoughts with you guys, Thanks for all that you do.

Exactly, but God can use music as an instrument. Like singing Psalms...And of course I'm not sure at all if it has something to do with God, but it feels like it. At least I don't know any other thing that has brought me so close to God, except the bible etc.

4. i not sure about all this god talk. u2s music makes me feel good, but the thing i like the most about their music is that i feel i can relate to it. i mean, sometimes you cant make it on your own IS my relationship with my old man.

we fight all the time - its alright cause we are the same soul,
    if we werent so alike id love you a whole lot more,
    and its you when I look in the mirror.

i find it to be very haunting, scary, scary stuff.

but i love it.

5. Really, this thing of the relationship with God went of hand.
    But it does not seem to me bad, certainly.
    Roxrios, is a pleasure to share that happens in the deep thing of my emotions with all of you, and I thanks to God, I´m not the unique one with it.
    Anto, above, is my girlfriend…
    Thanks Love for everything what you give me… and to listen to u2 with me!

Pablo
  6. Beautiful topic!
    I think we talked about this things in the past, in other topics, but just as a shift to a matter that was not the principal of the topic.

Anyway, I think I began to love U2 also (probabily most of all) for the great emotions that they make me feel with their music. So many are the songs that even only once made me feel some deep emotions, which I could never explain. And I don't want to explain them at all. I just know they are too special to be explained with words.
    I also think that, just because this emotions are so deep, they are something connected with God. I'm a Christian Catholic, and I think that even the ability to feel that kind of emotions is connected with God, is something that God gave us.
    The interpretation af U2 songs as sorts of psalms is something I believed in since I began a fan. U2 music is full of high intents, high values. These things for me are all reconnectable to God.

7. Yeah, that's the way I think about it too. I feel a sort of connection. I'm not saying that Bono speaks for God or somethin'. Please don't misunderstand my words..I'm a Protestant Christian, and a feel a sort of connnection with God trough U2 (sometimes of course, not every time I'm listening to U2).

I say this because I don't feel this with other artists, even if their music is great too.

8. I'm not much of a church-goer, but I must say that I feel that (for me), experiencing a U2 concert is a very genuine & honest form of worship... not OF U2 but together WITH U2.

I know that might offend some, but what is worship really? Isn't it basically expressing gratitude for your pulse? What better way to worship, to celebrate, than to gather a huge group of people together, singing, dancing, jumping up & down, crying, letting go like a kid?

---

I wish there was a shirt that read:

U2... turning songs into prayers since 1976.

---

And finally, there's a group on facebook.com called "U2 Take Me Higher." I think that's pretty accurate. It's not just a play on the words from EBTTRT.
  9. just a few moments that make me "feel it..."

1. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band: "My City Of Ruins" from Live In Barcelona DVD
    -although this track is worth the cost of the DVD alone, the whole show is fantastic. (great european crowd!!!)

best parts of this particular version...

1:50 - "come on rise up"

4:15 - "with these hands, with these hands"

4:43 - "i pray for the faith Lord, i pray for the strength Lord"

5:36 - "i said come on, come on" (build-up)

****5:49 - "come on rise up"
    ---

2. "Bad" from 2001-06-17 New York Love Affair

best parts of this particular version all involve the crowd. you have to hear it for yourself...

0:42 - "if i could, you know i would"

1:47 - "hoo-hoo" bono doesn't even sing he just holds up the mic

4:05 - "fade away"

5:55 - "how long..." sounds better than even boston dvd

---

3. "Where the Streets Have No Name" from 2001-06-17 New York Love Affair
    -i own many many versions of streets and i return to this one quite often. quite a pleasure to listen to. cleveland 05-03 and new york 10-25 are a bit flat for me.
    -band sounds great plus AUDIENCE(!!!!) mix. and i was there. this is as much audience as you can get before the crowd starts to detract from the quality of the recording.

40 snippet instead of psalm 116

1:21 - bono yells something while running around the heart

1:39 - "i wanna run" the crowd comes in heavy on "run"

***1:50 - "that hold me inside" bono almost speaks this line, and his voice kind of quivers.

5:42 - "how's that for a little church for you on sunday?"
  10. Originally posted by u2met86just a few moments that make me "feel it..."

1. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band: "My City Of Ruins" from Live In Barcelona DVD
    -although this track is worth the cost of the DVD alone, the whole show is fantastic. (great european crowd!!!)

1:50 - "come on rise up"

4:15 - "with these hands, with these hands"

4:43 - "i pray for the faith Lord, i pray for the strength Lord"

5:36 - "i said come on, come on" (build-up)

****5:49 - "come on rise up"
    ---

2. "Bad" from 2001-06-17 New York Love Affair

best parts of this particular version all involve the crowd. you have to hear it for yourself...

0:42 - "if i could, you know i would"

1:47 - "hoo-hoo"

4:05 - "fade away"

5:55 - "how long..." sounds better than even boston dvd

---

3. "Where the Streets Have No Name" from 2001-06-17 New York Love Affair
    -i own many many versions of streets and i return to this one quite often. quite a pleasure to listen to. cleveland 05-03 and new york 10-25 are a bit flat for me.
    -band sounds great plus AUDIENCE(!!!!) mix. and i was there. this is as much audience as you can get before the crowd starts to detract from the quality of the recording.

40 snippet instead of psalm 116

1:21 - bono yells something while running around the heart

1:39 - "i wanna run" the crowd comes in heavy on "run"

***1:50 - "that hold me inside" bono almost speaks this line, and his voice kind of quivers.

5:42 - "how's that for a little church for you on sunday?"

your definitely right about "my city of ruins". i havnt got the dvd but i got an audio rip of it and i must say its brilliant. having said that the whole barcelona show was outstanding - i especially like the crowd on "prove it all night" - bloody ace!

11. Originally posted by MWSAHI say this because I don't feel this with other artists, even if their music is great too.

Agree! U2 music is the only one that make me feel so great emotions, and also so often. The difference between them and the rest of the artists I like is the same as the difference between the Very Good and the Excellent.
    Don't know if I was clear...

12. Some sounds can causes a lot of things in our minds... and in our feelings, in our hearts. Some songs can change our way to think, can change our mood... I love U2 simply for causes in me that... because U2 have those sounds and those songs...

I love you too Pablo

Anto