1. Listed is:

Ultraviolet love / (baby)
    Ultraviolet love / (love)
    Ultraviolet love / (babe)
    Ultraviolet love

I am not so sure that is correct. I heard a tribute band singing it one way and I 'heard' it another. She was singing "Ul-tra-violet light". I thought it was "Ultra-Violet ray"... Soon after...

...I ran into The Edge and asked him. He said that each syllable is stretched "Ul-Tra-VI-O-LET". And being that The Edge sang that part... I tend to go with his version.
  2. I always thought it was ultra violet light.
    Our lyrics are fetched from U2wanderer.org, please go there if you feel their lyrics are incorrect.

U2wanderer is the only site with completely rewritten lyrics for every song based on many user input, what U2 says is not always as reliable as it should be, they don't know what they do either sometimes
  3. it almost sounds like "won't you light it babe(or baby)"
    if you think about it, that would have been better fit for it
  4. its definitely ultra-violet-light.
  5. First i always thought it was UL-TRA-VIO-LET. But now I think it's indeed Ultraviolet Light.
  6. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979Listed is:

Ultraviolet love / (baby)
    Ultraviolet love / (love)
    Ultraviolet love / (babe)
    Ultraviolet love

I am not so sure that is correct. I heard a tribute band singing it one way and I 'heard' it another. She was singing "Ul-tra-violet light". I thought it was "Ultra-Violet ray"... Soon after...

...I ran into The Edge and asked him. He said that each syllable is stretched "Ul-Tra-VI-O-LET". And being that The Edge sang that part... I tend to go with his version.

holy crap that's EXACTLY what he's singing, to the best i can hear! i can't believe i never understood that before.

by the way, i must say that if i ran into Edge himself, i would probably be too awestruck to bother asking such a productive question. cheers mate on that!