1. I have always wondered what it would be like to be a u2 roadie, seeing how the ideas of stages come about and how they build them. I have also wondered about the following?

1. What time do u2 turn up to venues before thier gigs, do they catch the support acts or just turn up and head straight for the stage?

2. Are u2 always present at soundchecks and rehearsals, cos i have seen them on dvd doing it but do they get their roadies to do it most of the time?

3. Because u2 do a lot of gigs in a short space of time in their tours, have they ever become unaware of where they are. For example gone on stage saying 'Good evening Edinburgh' when in fact they are in Glasgow.

P.s How awesome would it be to go on stage between songs and hand the edge or adam their guitar.
  2. O yeh i also meant to add:

One of the good things about the Slane dvd is that it comes with a booklet which sets the scene, explaining that the gig took place a few days after Bono's father's funeral and how kite was particularly poignant, and how the gig was a week or so before 9/11. That got me thinking, wouldn't it be good if the lyrics written inside album' sleeves came with a few sentences explaining what the songs are about and what was in their heads when the lyrics and songs were written.
  3. Your idea of lyric-meaning is amazing, would be great!!

And about the tour, it changes from day to day. For example, for the concert of the Joshua Tour here in Madrid, 1987-07-15, they arrived on 12th and went out to Montellier in 16th June. But for the PopMart Madrid, they arrived the same day of the show, and went out to Ibiza 30 minutes after the how. ...
    So we can't say how do they stay or not.
    I know that they rehearsal only ten or twenty minutes, and the other three-rehearsal-hours are done by the technicians.