1. Originally posted by rmann83Man this topic makes me angry I've had this conversation with friends many times and I'm always shocked when ppl make topics like that.
    No offense and with all due respent to everyone here but don't be ridiculous. U2 is a multimillionaire band, they are rich, absolutely, no question about it. If you steal a DVD from them, they're not gonna be broke or in the unemployment line.

Nike is multibillionaire group. So is Wal-Mart. Do you steal your shoes when you shop there?
  2. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Nike is multibillionaire group. So is Wal-Mart. Do you steal your shoes when you shop there?

haha no. I think you misread my message. I was supporting your arguement that you SHOULDN'T steal from the band. That last line was just setting up my next one as a rebutal about that one person who said that Bono wouldn't be in the soup line in a kitchen because they stole one dvd. My point was well neither would you for buying one
  3. Originally posted by rmann83[..]

haha no. I think you misread my message.

Hm, not really, I wasn't 100% sure but then I thought especially the lines after the part I quoted made your position pretty clear.

My example wasn't directed towards you, but I heard that Multimiliionaire argument a trillion times (mostly combined with the "I don't have the $$" argument) and I always use the Nike example to show my position.

4. Originally posted by rmann83[..]

haha no. I think you misread my message. I was supporting your arguement that you SHOULDN'T steal from the band. That last line was just setting up my next one as a rebutal about that one person who said that Bono wouldn't be in the soup line in a kitchen because they stole one dvd. My point was well neither would you for buying one

i own all the dvds. every single one. im saying that i dnt feel bad for providing someone with a link to the audio of a dvd that they may or may not own. ive nothing to feel bad about. ive bought all the dvds with my hard earned.
  5. and i didnt mention 'stealing a dvd'. I said he wnt end up in a soup kitchen if I give someone a link to the audio. Thats not stealing, at least I dont class it as stealing
  6. Originally posted by germcevoyThats not stealing, at least I dont class it as stealing

Great. Then in that context, when the next U2 album comes out no one needs to buy it. We'll just wait for you to buy it and then you can post a topic here requesting emails to send it out. As long as you don't class it as stealing, i'm sure we're all ok
  7. People, please keep it nice in here. This doesn't have anything to do with the new U2start so I'll close this topic for now. You can continue your discussion if you like per e-mail