1. I did feel spoiled knowing not only the setlist, but the setup of the stage, the transition of the songs, etc. I may have enjoyed it more had these been complete surprises to me. (On the other hand I got "Bad," ALWAYS a complete surprise).

Maybe we should all swear to each other that we'll go experience the next tour blind.

---

BUT... it's gonna be NEAR-IMPOSSIBLE!!! Let's face it.

For example, I used to be into sports: NBA, MLB, especially. When my team was in season, I'd catch as many games as possible, study their statistics, etc.

When U2 is on tour, it is now more exciting to me than when the New York Mets or New York Knicks (my 2 favorite teams) are in season, or even in the playoffs. I have the urge to look up EVERY setlist, YouTube video, read every review, see every photo that I can get my hands on. I used to check @U2.com every single day. Now I get to check U2start every day, and I'll get the opportunity to hear bootlegs as they come on the market! (I've never had this. If you did this during Vertigo Leg 5, please tell me how your experience was).

It will be incredibly tough to avoid ALL U2 information; I can't even avoid U2 information now, during the off-season!

MAYBE I'd be able to do the following (since I'm in NYC, they usually visit twice separately). I can TRY to go into leg 1 blind, then catch up on everything I missed, and go into leg 3 well-informed.
  2. Yeah...maybe you're right u2met86
  3. yea going through the first legs blind will be hard.... =( but it think we can all do it
  4. I know I'll do it.

When I went to my only show, Madrid 05, the people around me knew every following song, and they spoke like Bono on the One's speech. I HATED that.
    I don't wanna be one of this fans. I wanna be surprised.
    And I know I'll do it.
    If necessary, I'll cut off my intenet connection... Or not
  5. Originally posted by LikeASongI know I'll do it.

When I went to my only show, Madrid 05, the people around me knew every following song, and they spoke like Bono on the One's speech. I HATED that.
    I don't wanna be one of this fans. I wanna be surprised.
    And I know I'll do it.
    If necessary, I'll cut off my intenet connection... Or not

agreed....and try to cut off your internet just for a few days
  6. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

i kind of like it the way it is.
    the main issue is that changing your setlists ONLY benefits hardcore fans who plan on seeing more than one show at a time.
    as a result, U2's live career is very neatly time-capsuled. Vertigo, Elevation, PopMart, ZooTV, JT, UF, War, are ALL different versions of U2, different experiences. even individual songs -- Streets in 1997 is techno whereas Streets in 2005 has a tribal beat (think about that, the same song sounds different!) that is why we can tolerate downloading lots of bootlegs and even listening back-to-back-to-back (ZooTV dublin - lovetown dublin - elevation slane, for instance) and never get tired. each tour is a U2 we have never seen before and a U2 we will never see again.

Sorry to cut some of this but it was a long entry!!

Just wanted to say I agree entirely - as diehard fans we get the best of both worlds - the real thrill of expectation when we know a setlist, but then the occasional curveball; also then this site to compare our experiences and get the whole breadth of knowledge of like-minded fans.