1. Hi again.

I know I've been posting a lot lately but i've got so much u2 stuff to talk about.

The Slane dvd is great and I know many people agree. However this was followed by the chicago dvd and remeber that when it first came out there were a lot of dissapointed people, as they felt that the audience were not captured much- most of the cameras were looking at the stage and there were few overhead shots of the audience. So:

Q1) Why do you think they put this gig on dvd? Was it because it was Bono's and his daughter's birthday, so it was a personal thing?

Q2) Do you think that the Zoo tv dvd shortly followed the release of the chicago dvd because of the bad reviews?

Q3) How many u2 dvds is too many? How many do you own?

Q4) How do you watch their dvds? I find it impossible to just sit and watch it, you have to stick the volume up, sing loudly and play the air guitar

(Avoided 20 questions, an achievement!)
  2. Q1) Why do you think they put this gig on dvd? Was it because it was Bono's and his daughter's birthday, so it was a personal thing?
    Just because they wanted to film something of the first leg, and Chicago was a good opportunity and was somewhere near the end of the first leg. They didn't know for sure if there was gonna be a new North American leg of the Vertigo tour because of the whole Sian situation and if you shoot something, shoot it as late as it can be. That it was Bono's birthday was just coincidence and a nice addition.

Q2) Do you think that the Zoo tv dvd shortly followed the release of the chicago dvd because of the bad reviews?
    Not really, the Chicago DVD did sell very good, it was on top of the DVD top of almost every country. ZooTV was ready to be released a few years earlier, I think they just felt like it was the right time.

Too many? I have around 175 DVD's and around 250 if you count the double-DVD's etc. Still counting!

Q4) How do you watch their dvds? I find it impossible to just sit and watch it, you have to stick the volume up, sing loudly and play the air guitar
    Sometimes I just watch it silently but most of the time I put the volume out loud and jump and sing along with the songs
  3. O right that's cleared things up. Remy the man in the know. Thanks.

One last thing the boston dvd, was that released because they wanted 2 elevation dvds one from the american leg and one from the european leg?
  4. I've just been wondering whether to buy the Popmart dvd coming out. I probably will cos I like that era, I just wish they would have more variety in their set list as I have the slane dvd, chicago and Zoo tv dvd and much of the set list for popmart has been included in those 3 dvds. O well, thats always the way I guess, they'll probably have good newish versions of the songs. I refuse to download the bootleg of the popmart mexico city gig if there is one available, so it wont spoil it.

5. Originally posted by Angel_or_DevilO right that's cleared things up. Remy the man in the know. Thanks.

One last thing the boston dvd, was that released because they wanted 2 elevation dvds one from the american leg and one from the european leg?

No, the Boston DVD was the 'official' Elevation tour DVD. Until the recorded Slane Castle show turned out to be great too, they decided later that they would release that show too.
  6. Originally posted by RemyQ1)
    Too many? I have around 175 DVD's and around 250 if you count the double-DVD's etc. Still counting!

Omg, how do you get 175 DVD's I've got like 8 or 9 and that are all the DVD's i can find ! I thought there were just 9 or so... Do you make them yourself then or something ? Or are there DVD's from eg America that you've imported... ??
  7. Q1) Why do you think they put this gig on dvd? They probably knew it would sell well and it was the only full concert release of The Vertigo Tour.

Q2) Do you think that the Zoo tv dvd shortly followed the release of the chicago dvd because of the bad reviews? Nah I dont think so. Zoo Tv was just a real treat for fans.

Q3) How many u2 dvds is too many? How many do you own? You can never have too many. Currently I own Slane, Chicago, Sydney, Irving Plaza, Rattle and Hum and more.

Q4) How do you watch their dvds? When theres people in the house, I would watch it quietly, but when Im alone I would have it up REALLY loud.
  8. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]

Omg, how do you get 175 DVD's I've got like 8 or 9 and that are all the DVD's i can find ! I thought there were just 9 or so... Do you make them yourself then or something ? Or are there DVD's from eg America that you've imported... ??

Usenet!
  9. There really is no such thing as too many DVDs. It's an individual entity, much like any CD is. You sort of develop a relationship with certain ones, such that you crave specific versions of specific songs. One day I want Chicago Streets, another day I want Slane Angel of Harlem.

I love Chicago, by the way. I think it's a fantastic representation of Leg 1. To be honest I don't quite understand a lot of the disappointment I hear about it.

I've watched most of my DVDs start to finish, cinema-style, at some point, but usually when I'm in a DVD mood I'll do one of three things:

1) I rip them to audio so I can enjoy them as regular music.

2) I'll pick out my favorite songs and watch them.

3) I work out to them a lot at home. I'll pick a starting point, let it go, and start working out, anywhere from 20 - 45 minutes. If I really want to get through a DVD this way I'll start at the beginning on Day 1, then continue the next day where I left off.

When not working out, I often belt at the top of my lungs to DVDs, I'm sure my neighbors at home and my dorm neighbors at school hate my guts. I really have no shame, I'll prance around the room, doing my best imitation, singing into the TV remote (my remote actually is shaped a lot like the Beta 58 Wireless that Bono uses).

I can't wait for PopMart. If someone catches me doing my thing during Pop Muzik into Mofo they will be seriously concerned that I am on drugs.
  10. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Usenet!

Ah well, as you know i can't work with that so i think i'll stay with the ones in stores

11. 1) They played 4 shows in a row there, so they had time to warm up and the possibility to merge material from different nights.

2)There were 10 months between both releases. So there was quite some time passing. It was pretty logic to release ZooTV in 2006 if you want to throw out Popmart in 2007.

3)I have 243 shows. That's too many. I didn't even watch them all. A good portion of them might get you seasick. There can't be too many Pro-Shots, though. At least from any Pre-Elevation tour.

4) I watch the DVDs relaxed, with a beer, volume cracked up.
  12. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]Omg, how do you get 175 DVD's I've got like 8 or 9 and that are all the DVD's i can find ! I thought there were just 9 or so... Do you make them yourself then or something ? Or are there DVD's from eg America that you've imported... ??
    Well, I neither manage Usenet, but I use Torrents and I have 120 DVD's...