1. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

I know I've asked already but the topic has grown wings and lost the first page.... were you really at a gig age 5years??!!!

Yes.

My Godfather and I have been very close ever since I could remember, and one of the first things I picked up from him was listening to U2's music (interestingly enough, nothing else that he listened to).

And when you're that age, and you're obsessed with something, you are OBSESSED. For most 3-4 year olds it's a TV cartoon or something. For me it was U2. Everyone in my family knew about it.

1992/03/09, I was in Kindergarten. Earlier that week, a close friend of the family had a pair of tickets she couldn't use, and she knew how obsessed I was, so she gave us the tickets and my Mom took me.

I don't remember much, but a few things stand out:
    -My Mom had to stop by at the dentist's office a few hours before for some reason. She told him where we were going and he gave me a set of earplugs.
    -A band (later I learned was the Pixies) opened up and used the f-word, and I was shocked.
    -Some random dude walked by and kissed my Mom. We were both very pissed.
    -I remember Bad, transitioning into a short verse of All I Want Is you, abruptly interrupted by Bullet The Blue Sky.
    -I didn't know what an encore was. My Mom just told me "now people shout for more and hope they come back and play." She gave me the option of sticking around or heading home. I was all nervous so I just said to go home

I also have a copy of the ZooTV Tour book. It's tattered and barely holds together.
  2. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]

Ok that made me even more Persistant(i think that's the right word...)

agreed!
  3. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

Yes.

Cool, awesome memories.

4. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

Yes.

My Godfather and I have been very close ever since I could remember, and one of the first things I picked up from him was listening to U2's music (interestingly enough, nothing else that he listened to).

And when you're that age, and you're obsessed with something, you are OBSESSED. For most 3-4 year olds it's a TV cartoon or something. For me it was U2. Everyone in my family knew about it.

1992/03/09, I was in Kindergarten. Earlier that week, a close friend of the family had a pair of tickets she couldn't use, and she knew how obsessed I was, so she gave us the tickets and my Mom took me.

I don't remember much, but a few things stand out:
    -My Mom had to stop by at the dentist's office a few hours before for some reason. She told him where we were going and he gave me a set of earplugs.
    -A band (later I learned was the Pixies) opened up and used the f-word, and I was shocked.
    -Some random dude walked by and kissed my Mom. We were both very pissed.
    -I remember Bad, transitioning into a short verse of All I Want Is you, abruptly interrupted by Bullet The Blue Sky.
    -I didn't know what an encore was. My Mom just told me "now people shout for more and hope they come back and play." She gave me the option of sticking around or heading home. I was all nervous so I just said to go home

I also have a copy of the ZooTV Tour book. It's tattered and barely holds together.

GREAT history u2met86....I'm your fan now....I'm a U2 fan since I have 6/7 years old,because of my uncle(U2 fan since the begining of tha band).He teache me a lot of things about U2 and show me many songs too.My father is a U2 fan too,but when U2 came to Brazil for the first time in1998,he went to the show with my uncle and leaved me at home.I'll never forget:"You're too litlle to go with us"...that's because I'm your fan now

see you
  5. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni[..]

GREAT history u2met86....I'm your fan now....I'm a U2 fan since I have 6/7 years old,because of my uncle(U2 fan since the begining of tha band).He teache me a lot of things about U2 and show me many songs too.My father is a U2 fan too,but when U2 came to Brazil for the first time in1998,he went to the show with my uncle and leaved me at home.I'll never forget:"You're too litlle to go with us"...that's because I'm your fan now

see you

Thanks, AidanFormigoni! Wow, my heart really goes out to you about the show in 1998. I am very grateful that my parents let me go to that ZooTV concert, it was a major event in my life, and I wish more parents wouldn't be so afraid of letting their kids go to concerts (especially U2! very safe atmosphere and bono brings kids onstage all the time!) My Godfather that I mentioned above is also my uncle, also a fan since Boy, so I can relate very much!

All the best,
    your american fan
  6. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

Thanks, AidanFormigoni! Wow, my heart really goes out to you about the show in 1998. I am very grateful that my parents let me go to that ZooTV concert, it was a major event in my life, and I wish more parents wouldn't be so afraid of letting their kids go to concerts (especially U2! very safe atmosphere and bono brings kids onstage all the time!) My Godfather that I mentioned above is also my uncle, also a fan since Boy, so I can relate very much!

All the best,
    your american fan

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MY FRIEND!!

I agree with you about the kids...in 2006-02-20 show(the only show that I attended) Bono sing Miss Sarajevo with a little 11 years old boy called Victor..It's amazing..(and funny because the boy was hoarse)...and in the final of the song Bono said:"Para o Victor"...(To Victor)

see you friend!