1. O yeh, now that you mention them. 40 just stood out for some reaon
  2. i may have made a few mistakes or left out a few, but these are the albums and "other" from the U2start "songs" section. any other b-sides & unreleased stuff i didn't bother:

BOY
    an cat dubh
    OCTOBER
    i threw a brick threw a window
    scarlet
    WAR
    drowning man
    red light
    UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
    a sort of homecoming
    wire
    promenade
    4th of july
    bad
    indian summer sky
    elvis presley and america
    mlk
    JOSHUA TREE
    red hill mining town
    exit
    mothers of the disappeared
    RATTLE AND HUM
    hawkmoon 269
    god part ii
    ACHTUNG BABY
    the fly
    ZOOROPA
    ***stay (faraway, so close!): not the exact phrase at once
    the wanderer
    POP (NONE)
    ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND
    ***stuck in a moment you can't get out of (not the exact phrase at once)
    HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB
    love and peace or else
    original of the species
    OTHER
    11 o'clock tick tock
    miss sarajevo
    things to make and do
  3. Originally posted by u2met86i may have made a few mistakes, but these are the albums and "other" from the "songs" section of the list. any other b-sides & unreleased stuff i didn't bother:

BOY
    an cat dubh
    OCTOBER
    i threw a brick threw a window
    scarlet
    WAR
    drowning man
    red light
    UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
    a sort of homecoming
    wire
    promenade
    4th of july
    bad
    indian summer sky
    elvis presley and america
    mlk
    JOSHUA TREE
    red hill mining town
    exit
    mothers of the disappeared
    RATTLE AND HUM
    hawkmoon 269
    god part ii
    ACHTUNG BABY
    the fly
    ZOOROPA
    the wanderer
    POP (NONE)
    stuck in a moment you can't get out of
    HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB
    love and peace or else
    original of the species
    OTHER
    11 o'clock tick tock
    miss sarajevo
    things to make and do

dammit man! your like a u2 encyclopedia.
  4. haha thanks robbie07!

-i just looked up the lyrics to "promenade" and had an a-ha moment: THAT's where "spiral staircase" comes from (at least the U2 reference, i know there's a book too that predates the unforgettable fire)

-what drugs were U2 on when they called a song "Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk / Korova 1"? Can you imagine what that would sound like if they put that title into the lyrics?

"alex descends into hell...
    for a bottle...
    of...
    milk...

(edge backup)
    korooova oonee"
  5. Originally posted by u2met86i may have made a few mistakes or left out a few, but these are the albums and "other" from the U2start "songs" section. any other b-sides & unreleased stuff i didn't bother:
    (..)
    hawkmoon 269
    (...)
    things to make and do
    LOL!! I'm very impressed for your list!! Amazing!!
    But I disagree at Hawkmoon 269. Bono says "Like a drifter needs a room // Hawkmoon...". He can't say "269" because the 269 is a joke between U2 and the producers, because of the number of mixes that were neccesary to end the song. But it was going to be called simply "Hawkmoon", so it finally has the title said on the lyrics... It think...

And about Things To Make And Do, I wonder how was Bono to sing the title if he doesn't sing at all...
  6. Originally posted by u2met86haha thanks robbie07!

-what drugs were U2 on when they called a song "Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk / Korova 1"? Can you imagine what that would sound like if they put that title into the lyrics?

"alex descends into hell...
    for a bottle...
    of...
    milk...

(edge backup)
    korooova oonee"

Its written for Royal Shakespeare Company's production of "A Clockwork Orange". The entire performance was written by Bono and the Edge, but this track is the only officially released piece of music from that performance.

7. Originally posted by zooTV4all[..]

Its written for Royal Shakespeare Company's production of "A Clockwork Orange". The entire performance was written by Bono and the Edge, but this track is the only officially released piece of music from that performance.

Yep, the Alex from the title is the play's main role. The bottle of milk reffers to his favorite drink, a mixture of hard drugs and milk named Moloko (yes, just like the duo).
  8. 40 is a great song. Studio version is too short, but live it is great. A very good ending of the show..
  9. Originally posted by u2met86i may have made a few mistakes or left out a few, but these are the albums and "other" from the U2start "songs" section. any other b-sides & unreleased stuff i didn't bother:
    ACHTUNG BABY
    the fly

***stuck in a moment you can't get out of (not the exact phrase at once)

Now I know I'm going to come across as a picky bastard but does he not sing "like the Fly on a wall' during The Fly?

And he definitely sings "now you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it"..... which is only one word different.

But I have to agree I don't know how you pick out this stuff so damn quick. Amazing.

10. yeah, i guess i was REALLY splitting hairs w/ a few of them. it's probably more appropriate to not include some of them, like...

the fly
    stuck in a moment
    stay
    love and peace
    red hill mining town (red hill town)
    hawkmoon
    wanderer (i went wandering)

as well as all the instrumentals (things to make and do, 4th of july, others?)
  11. Originally posted by u2met86yeah, i guess i was REALLY splitting hairs w/ a few of them. it's probably more appropriate to not include some of them, like...

the fly
    stuck in a moment
    stay
    love and peace
    red hill mining town (red hill town)
    hawkmoon
    wanderer (i went wandering)

as well as all the instrumentals (things to make and do, 4th of july, others?)

Yeah you're right but that doesn't take away you know a LOT of U2 !!!

Just wanted to say that with Stay, the (Faraway, So Close), refers to the film "Stay,Faraway So Close" with that songs as soundtrack

But i guess discussion is possible about these, but it's not always possible to put the title into a song...
    => "Like THE Fly on a wall..."
    => Stuck in a moment you can't get out of is sais completely i think...
    => Love And Peace... well i think most of the people just call it Love And Peace, not Love And Peace Or Else...
    => Red Hill Mining Town... well maybe it doesn't fit in the rhythm but they wanted to say Red Hill is a mining town...?
    => Hawkmoon was that hotel i think
    => Wanderer must have been about Johnny Cash and he won't call himself "The Wanderer"

And just a question : does "Mercy" appears in the song...?