1. in case y'all were wondering the stories behind my old & new avatars here we go...

old avatar: my roommate at university got a new macbook with a camera, so i was fiddling around with it. they have this setting where it makes you look like a comic book print. so i figured, "hey i could look like the fly here." so i fished out my blue shades, messed around with the lighting in the room and the rest is history.

new avatar: i was on vacation w/ tons of family & friends. one night there was a karaoke / talent show which was run just like american idol, three judges trying to be simon, paula, and randy. i decided to dress up as bono, and sing / act out beautiful day, never once breaking character. went over pretty well (my haircut back then was pretty close to elevation-era). this particular picture is me going over to the simon judge and grabbing his hand for the "touch me" part. that drew a very good laugh.
  2. Pretty cool that you have personal stories behind your avatars.

I just have always liked the image on mine. But I've got one lined up if I get to Boy-Girl...
  3. You do look a little like bono going by your picture and the picture of Bono on the banner above. Are there many u2 look alikes? Once I spotted a guy in the crowd of the vertigo milan gig, (when Bono was reaching out to the crowd during city of blinding lights) who looked like a cross between edge and bono. he had the right shades and colour hair and has edge's goatie. Any one notice him?
  4. Originally posted by u2met86in case y'all were wondering the stories behind my old & new avatars here we go...

old avatar: my roommate at university got a new macbook with a camera, so i was fiddling around with it. they have this setting where it makes you look like a comic book print. so i figured, "hey i could look like the fly here." so i fished out my blue shades, messed around with the lighting in the room and the rest is history.

new avatar: i was on vacation w/ tons of family & friends. one night there was a karaoke / talent show which was run just like american idol, three judges trying to be simon, paula, and randy. i decided to dress up as bono, and sing / act out beautiful day, never once breaking character. went over pretty well (my haircut back then was pretty close to elevation-era). this particular picture is me going over to the simon judge and grabbing his hand for the "touch me" part. that drew a very good laugh.

I must admit you look like Bono
    I'm trying do that also, without result
  5. Originally posted by u2met86in case y'all were wondering the stories behind my old & new avatars here we go...

i was gonna ask you about your old avatar because i couldnt figure it out. i was racking my brains trying to figure out who it was. but i like the idea of having story behind ones avatar, mine is pretty simple - my 2 favouite people in music.

and oh yeah ... your new avatar is ace by the way!
  6. Wow, I seriously thought it was him. I'm being honest, your shades are sick.
  7. Hahahhahahaha you absolutely look like Bono!! Great!!!

PS. Now I won't find your posts easily...... hahaaa
  8. Originally posted by LikeASongHahahhahahaha you absolutely look like Bono!! Great!!!

PS. Now I won't find your posts easily...... hahaaa

I agree with you LikeASong....Bono is u2met86 I think...It's a mask...

And I don't have a history about my avatar...I only choose this because is a picture of Bono in the unique show of U2 that I went...

see you friends!!!
  9. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni[..]

....Bono is u2met86 I think...It's a mask...

And I don't have a history about my avatar...I only choose this because is a picture of Bono in the unique show of U2 that I went...

That would be awesome

And euhm, i'm not joking but when i was reading the fact tha Edge spends quite some time on the net in the topic about bandmembers on the site, i was thinking about Asso... He puts a LOT of gréat material on the site but doesn't talk a lot on the other topics... Do we have Edge between us

And i think your avatar is fine AidonFormigoni, if you have such it great memory with that, you should keep that one (+ i like that jacket Bono's wearing unique photo )

And i can't really choose a good avatar so i'll just keep this one

P.S. does anyone knows something about MacphistFly...? He hasn't been on forum in quite a time now... And that for a top-poster
  10. Yeah he said he was going on a holiday or something to do with a school, if I remember from a post. Someone else might be able to expand on where he is.

Anyway, I changed mine. Hope you liked it, because I do (otherwise I wouldn't have it!)
  11. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]

That would be awesome

And euhm, i'm not joking but when i was reading the fact tha Edge spends quite some time on the net in the topic about bandmembers on the site, i was thinking about Asso... He puts a LOT of gréat material on the site but doesn't talk a lot on the other topics... Do we have Edge between us

And i think your avatar is fine AidonFormigoni, if you have such it great memory with that, you should keep that one (+ i like that jacket Bono's wearing unique photo )

And i can't really choose a good avatar so i'll just keep this one

P.S. does anyone knows something about MacphistFly...? He hasn't been on forum in quite a time now... And that for a top-poster

Thanks about my avatar BelgianBono...I remember that night every single day...Bono wore this side of the jacket only in the begining of the show(City Of Blinding Lights and Vertigo)...then he changes the side...

and I support your theory about Asso....It's very possible that Edge is reading this right now

and your new avatar is GREAT BelgianBono!!

see you friend!!!
  12. Originally posted by drewhigginsYeah he said he was going on a holiday or something to do with a school, if I remember from a post. Someone else might be able to expand on where he is.

Anyway, I changed mine. Hope you liked it, because I do (otherwise I wouldn't have it!)

Your new avatar is great too...I just spend some time to recognize you

see you Australian friend

PS:I can't stop listenig Mercy...thanks again!!