1. Hey all,

I'm curious if any of you have experienced the same problem. I bought a copy (my second one, I scratched the 1st ) of the Joshua Tree through a Columbia CD-order service (there's my problem!). The error is in the transition between One Tree Hill and Exit.

Those bastards put "oh great ocean, oh great sea..." AT THE START OF EXIT!?!?! Can you believe this? I have to get yet another copy, ehh, I'll do it without hesitation of course. I wonder how much more than £500 I'll spend on this band. (Worth it, obviously, haha).
  2. I personally havent got the record ive lost mine but yea ive heard of that! my version of exit on my ipod from a borrowed cd does the same.. It just isnt right
  3. Remember, a part of the money that you spend on U2-albums go to a charity fund!

4. Originally posted by MWSAHRemember, a part of the money that you spend on U2-albums go to a charity fund!

Really do they? I didnt know that
  5. I once read that somewhere...About 5% of the money you spend goes to a charity fund.
  6. Originally posted by u2met86Those bastards put "oh great ocean, oh great sea..." AT THE START OF EXIT!?!?! Can you believe this? I have to get yet another copy, ehh, I'll do it without hesitation of course. I wonder how much more than £500 I'll spend on this band. (Worth it, obviously, haha).
    I heard about this many time ago. This error comes from the vinyl version, which obviously had no track divisions. As you know, after One Tree Hill ends, there's about 4 seconds without sound, and then comes the Oh Great Ocean art. Well, many people thought that this part belonged to Exit. That's the error. In many of the compilations I have, Exit begins with the final part of One Tree. Even the "Joshua Tree Tribute by String Quartet" (a fantastic version of the album done entirely with violins), the beggining of Exit is the end of One Tree Hill.

It's a usual mistake, but it's a HELL!!i hate it!!
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I heard about this many time ago. This error comes from the vinyl version, which obviously had no track divisions. As you know, after One Tree Hill ends, there's about 4 seconds without sound, and then comes the Oh Great Ocean art. Well, many people thought that this part belonged to Exit. That's the error. In many of the compilations I have, Exit begins with the final part of One Tree. Even the "Joshua Tree Tribute by String Quartet" (a fantastic version of the album done entirely with violins), the beggining of Exit is the end of One Tree Hill.

It's a usual mistake, but it's a HELL!!i hate it!!

Oh yes! A real hell!
    I just hope that I will never have to listen to that.

8. Dunno, I'll get back to you on that one. I doubt it though, I bought the entire Complete U2 from some guy on the internet for $399 + the U2 Photo iPod.
  9. I think I'd have spent a good $600+ on U2 stuff.
  10. Originally posted by drewhigginsI think I'd have spent a good $600+ on U2 stuff.
    We the fans must be mad...
  11. Originally posted by u2met86Hey all,

I'm curious if any of you have experienced the same problem. I bought a copy (my second one, I scratched the 1st ) of the Joshua Tree through a Columbia CD-order service (there's my problem!). The error is in the transition between One Tree Hill and Exit.

Those bastards put "oh great ocean, oh great sea..." AT THE START OF EXIT!?!?! Can you believe this? I have to get yet another copy, ehh, I'll do it without hesitation of course. I wonder how much more than £500 I'll spend on this band. (Worth it, obviously, haha).

The problem doesn't come where you buy it, but rather what copy you get. That detail was usual in vinyl and early Cd's, but eventually the band got it correct, since many people believed the great ocean part was a prelude to Exit. I thought all Cd's were corrected by now, so you probably have a rare copy, which will be worthy...