1. i've been downloading a few torrents lately and i want to know what are the best ways to increase your download speed??? i was hoping some of you guys might be able to help me...
  2. Increase your uploading speed. That's how I do it, I get about 28Kbps and downloading around 15-19Kbps.

Not bad at all. What upload/download speed you using?
  3. Originally posted by drewhigginsIncrease your uploading speed. That's how I do it, I get about 28Kbps and downloading around 15-19Kbps.

yeh im at pretty much exactly the same... i've been downloading some DVDs... they're taking ages... im getting restless!!! lol
  4. You gotta remember as well, DVDs are pretty big like 4.7 gigabytes - a hell of a lot bigger than the MP3 boots here plus they can even be larger. I remember a HD DVD was like 22 gigabytes and that's bloody huge - one fourth of my hard drive!

It also depends what else you're doing - anything else can slow it down. Some programs actually have a better download use rate - I use uTorrent and that's not too bad, though better than BitLord which I was previously using. I downloaded 18MB of stuff the other day and it took around 20mins.

Not too bad, and an MP3 boot - 85MB takes about an hour.
  5. I have a diffrent qustion about the Torrent program:

if I'll turn off my computer for the night and then turn it on in the morning,

will Torrent conitue to download from where it stopped or will it start from the begining?

THANX
  6. Not too sure. I'd expect it to stop.
  7. Originally posted by NoamTGI have a diffrent qustion about the Torrent program:

will Torrent conitue to download from where it stopped or will it start from the begining?

THANX

.........from where it stopped.For example,if you turned off your PC with,say 75% downloaded,when you turn it back on and highlight the torrent you are downloading,press start,it will carry on to download the remaining 25%.
  8. Is that right? I thought if you stop it you stop it, but then I found a pause button.
  9. Originally posted by gmc[..]

.........from where it stopped.For example,if you turned off your PC with,say 75% downloaded,when you turn it back on and highlight the torrent you are downloading,press start,it will carry on to download the remaining 25%.

ahh....good!
    for a minute I thought I'm gonna have to leave my PC on for several days!!

Thanks a lot!
  10. Originally posted by colbourne25[..]

yeh im at pretty much exactly the same... i've been downloading some DVDs... they're taking ages... im getting restless!!! lol

At least we don't have to pay for them and see bad camera work made of a good show (Milan) where the camera goes in and out every 2.87 seconds. I sort of gave up on torrents, they were so damn slow compared to a decent-sounding MP3. If you wanted to make up some DVDs, I found a great site I think SpiralStaircase who frequents here has with heaps of videos including - Honolulu, plus a good POPmart video to get ready for Mexico in September...or 2013.

http://u2-thespiralstaircase.blogspot.com/search/label/2005-2006%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour

Plus here in Australia with crappy 5GB quotas thanks to the magic of Telstra I can't really download DVDs but if a file is 100MB I can do that, just takes me a while. I'm sure you know of it....thank god when ADSL2 comes in - 24Mbit downloads with a 10GB limit - I can actually download one DVD. Woohoo.
  11. Originally posted by NoamTGI have a diffrent qustion about the Torrent program:

Of course!!! Indeed this is the advantage of Torrents against Direct Downloads as Rapidshare, Megaupload, etc.

It only stops if you move, delete, rename, etc... the original Torrent file Eg 1983-08-20-U2-Live-Germany.torrent >> this is the file. If you delete, rename... it, your download will crash.

Torrent rocks...
  12. Originally posted by drewhigginsIncrease your uploading speed. That's how I do it, I get about 28Kbps and downloading around 15-19Kbps.

I'm only on 0.5 MB broadband (512K) I find it better to decrease the upload speed.
    I limit the upload rate to 20kb/s, which then lets the download max out at about 55kb/s...

Just need to let the torrent continue uploading for a while after the download has finished to keep your ratio decent