1. Originally posted by NoamTGI have a diffrent qustion about the Torrent program:

if I'll turn off my computer for the night and then turn it on in the morning,

will Torrent conitue to download from where it stopped or will it start from the begining?

THANX

Your download will continue, as others have answered...

BUTTTTTTTT!!!!!

When you sign back on, if you check U2torrents.com (I'm assuming this is the site you are using), that damn site will ADD your current total to what you've already downloaded, like a DOUBLE DIP, which is one of many reasons I hate this site with a passion. Here's an example...

Say you download 1 GB, then pause / shut down / quit the torrent program. When you sign back on, check U2torrents.com, and your total download will be what you ACTUALLY downloaded (1 GB), PLUS the progress of your incomplete download that's in progress AGAIN 1GB = 2 GB, thus making it much much harder to keep your ratio down.

This has happened every single time I've shut down the program and signed on to continue. Of course they burn you at the stake if your ratio is too high, but your ratio gets easily inflated with mistakes / glitches like this.
  2. Never heard about a problem like that. What client are you using?

Btw: You guys should work on your ratios. Torrents are about SHARING.
  3. Originally posted by yeahNever heard about a problem like that. What client are you using?

Transmission on OS X. Would I be better off with BitTorrent official or Azureus? I hear Azureus is powerful but way too resource-intensive.

I've heard that Transmission is the closest Mac equivalent of µTorrent: fast and resource-light. Not sure how well it adheres to the BitTorrent code, though.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Didn't mean to sound so harsh but it was true. Each time I resumed a torrent, U2torrents would double-dip to my account whatever amount I had already downloaded from that open file.
  4. UP YOUR SHARE RATIO! Why not share just MP3s and MPEGs? You know what 86? U never realized the "double dip" issue. Thanks for sharing the tip, some may find it invaluable.

Now onto a bit of a rant. Sorry but I have to share what I think of them.

I downloaded part of the Adelaide 2006-11-16 Vertigo show (because it's important to have shows of your own region) and while it sounded excellent - comparable to some soundboards, I don't really want to have to download 30MB for three minutes of audio which can be done with 5-6MB, no matter how good the recording is.

Plus it has to be perfect, oh la di da over there. If it's an MP3 or MPG file forget it. If your ratio is too low forget it. If your show has a skip in it, god help you. Spelling and grammar mistakes....no christmas card for you. And FA frequency charts...what the hell. I just like something to work, you know like u2start. It's a song for christ sake, not a bloody competition - that's why I like iPods and Windows XP Media Centre. That's why I gave up on them.

Crikey, what a bloody annoying site. Great selection of videos and audio, but u2start has two things over them:

1. You're all friendly and at least decent. They don't want to know anyone there.
    2. U2start isn't hard and complicated to use. U2Torrents, on the other hand is.

But that's their decision and you can't fight with it.
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins Why not share just MP3s and MPEGs?

Hm, maybe because they're lossy and most people want the best quality?

Originally posted by drewhigginsNow onto a bit of a rant. Sorry but I have to share what I think of them.

No problem mate, that's what a forum is for, discussing different opinions

Originally posted by drewhigginsI downloaded part of the Adelaide 2006-11-16 Vertigo show (because it's important to have shows of your own region) and while it sounded excellent - comparable to some soundboards, I don't really want to have to download 30MB for three minutes of audio which can be done with 5-6MB, no matter how good the recording is.

Why did you even start downloading then?

Originally posted by drewhigginsPlus it has to be perfect, oh la di da over there. If it's an MP3 or MPG file forget it.

Yep, because people want the best available audio quality and no pixelated video crap.

Originally posted by drewhigginsIf your ratio is too low forget it.

Understandable, isn't it? Let's say we both agreed on a 1:1 trade. You sent me 5 discs but get only 1 back. What would you say?

Originally posted by drewhiggins If your show has a skip in it, god help you.

Quality thing again.

Originally posted by drewhiggins Spelling and grammar mistakes....no christmas card for you.

Hm, never experienced that. Most of the members over there are no native speakers, so I've never seen anyone pissing on another member for misspelling or something comparable... (apart from 1 or 2 Idiots maybe)

Originally posted by drewhigginsAnd FA frequency charts...what the hell.

If you know another objective way to tell if a recording is definitely lossless, let us know.

Originally posted by drewhiggins
    Crikey, what a bloody annoying site. Great selection of videos and audio, but u2start has two things over them:

1. You're all friendly and at least decent. They don't want to know anyone there.
    2. U2start isn't hard and complicated to use. U2Torrents, on the other hand is.

But that's their decision and you can't fight with it.

1. I've made great friends over there and started some nice trades. Maybe that's a personal thing...?
    2. Torrents are quite easy to use imho, plus there are tons of torrent sites out there, not only for U2. You can build up a nice lossless audio and video collection using torrents.

Keep in mind that quite a few of the shows you guys downloaded here were available on U2torrents or dime or TTD before they were converted to a mp3 and uploaded here... So these sites can't be too bad...

But that's just my $ 0,02.
  6. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

Transmission on OS X. Would I be better off with BitTorrent official or Azureus? I hear Azureus is powerful but way too resource-intensive.

I've heard that Transmission is the closest Mac equivalent of µTorrent: fast and resource-light. Not sure how well it adheres to the BitTorrent code, though.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Didn't mean to sound so harsh but it was true. Each time I resumed a torrent, U2torrents would double-dip to my account whatever amount I had already downloaded from that open file.

Ah, you're on a mac. Sorry, but I don't know a bloody thing about these. I'd definitely give another client a try and see if that solves the problem. If not you could post your problem in the U2torrents-forum or contact Propaganda or spun2u directly on the site.

Sorry, but that's the best I can do.
  7. OK then. But I'd like to know some stuff.

What does 1:1 mean?
    Is it possible to convert FLAC files and if so, how?

I've found some great boots there and have downloaded some, but I guess I went a bit hard on them.

8. Why not give Tomato Torrent a shot? Or you could try one of these...all freeware and open-source I think.

BitTyrant
    BitRocket
    Acquisition
    BitTorrent (first one I used).

You can see the list here at http://www.techpwn.com/?p=460

Personally I like uTorrent or BitLord, but they're for Windows which you're not using.
  9. Originally posted by drewhigginsOK then. But I'd like to know some stuff.

What does 1:1 mean?
    Is it possible to convert FLAC files and if so, how?

I've found some great boots there and have downloaded some, but I guess I went a bit hard on them.

1:1 simply means that in our imaginary trade we'd trade 1 disc for 1 disc (2 for 2, 3 for 3, etc.)

You can use dbpoweramp music converter to convert flac files, you'll need to download the program and the flac codec, though ( http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ )

But if you do, please try to respect taper's wishes. (not always possible, I know)
  10. i've downloaded FLAC files before and converted them to MP3 and i can hear no difference what-so-ever....

those who think they can hear the difference are fools!!!

11. That surprises me. Why for a trade would I need 13 blank discs for five discs with shows on them?