1. Haha no, I'm sorry. I had a few boring days at work and put this together with MS Paint. Just good old copy& paste with some cutting out squares.

Sorry I couldn't make it easier on you
  2. Very nice work mann
  3. Originally posted by rmann83Haha no, I'm sorry. I had a few boring days at work and put this together with MS Paint. Just good old copy& paste with some cutting out squares.

Sorry I couldn't make it easier on you

oh no problem!

so give me a few days I'll see what I can do

good day
  4. Originally posted by drewhigginsI think you're all totally wrong. It's too bloody cool.

If I knew any word to express a higher respons, I'd do it. But I don't, so I will subscribe what drewhiggins said.

IT'S TOO BLOODY COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

5. Noam, what a great picture that iss! I love it! Thanks for posting
  6. Originally posted by rmann83I don't know anyone who's remotely interested in U2...seriously, welcome to Edmonton

Hey rmann83, sorry you aren't able to find other U2 fans in your hometown (although the famous "With Or Without You" from the Popheart EP was recorded in Commonwealth Stadium on 14 June 1997)... HOLY CRAP I JUST CHECKED AND IT'S 10 YEARS AGO TODAY!!!

Anyway, thanks to you and Noam TG for the great wallpaper!

Never hesitate to tell detailed stories in here; it's hard to find a more eager audience for U2 (maybe Interference or Zootopia? ehh...). In any case, welcome!
  7. Noam....wow, you certainly outdid me. Dude, well done!!! Very seriously impressed!

U2met86, haha I've heard of the famous Edmonton event but I don't think it was in Edmonton, Canada...ah well. But hey if I'm ok to tell my U2-love story, then I think I will

When I was in my teens I didn't really have a taste in music myself and preteneded to like my friend's tastes instead which ran from hiphop to metal to punk. Didn't care too much for U2, barely knew them, thought Beautiful Day, (the single at the time) was alright but never gave it any attention. I didn't have any CD's and a friend of mine wrote a list of songs I should download. Led Zepplin, Nirvana, Metallica...in particular, a song called 'One' by Metallica. I went to download it and came across a song titled 'One - best version ever recorded'. Hmmmm...

Turns out it was the live orchestrated performance of One by U2.

Let me tell you, when you're expecting a song your barely interested in and are hit full force by a majestic song like that, it shakes you. I was almost in tears, it didn't sound like the singer was singing but just melodically pouring his heart out. I won't bore you with the details of diving into achtung baby, joshua tree and everything since but that performance, that song, that was my key into the U2 door.

I'm sure you've all expressed your U2 stories so there's mine; all the wrong words in all the wrong places
  8. Originally posted by rmann83Noam....wow, you certainly outdid me. Dude, well done!!! Very seriously impressed!

U2met86, haha I've heard of the famous Edmonton event but I don't think it was in Edmonton, Canada...ah well. But hey if I'm ok to tell my U2-love story, then I think I will

When I was in my teens I didn't really have a taste in music myself and preteneded to like my friend's tastes instead which ran from hiphop to metal to punk. Didn't care too much for U2, barely knew them, thought Beautiful Day, (the single at the time) was alright but never gave it any attention. I didn't have any CD's and a friend of mine wrote a list of songs I should download. Led Zepplin, Nirvana, Metallica...in particular, a song called 'One' by Metallica. I went to download it and came across a song titled 'One - best version ever recorded'. Hmmmm...

Turns out it was the live orchestrated performance of One by U2.

Let me tell you, when you're expecting a song your barely interested in and are hit full force by a majestic song like that, it shakes you. I was almost in tears, it didn't sound like the singer was singing but just melodically pouring his heart out. I won't bore you with the details of diving into achtung baby, joshua tree and everything since but that performance, that song, that was my key into the U2 door.

I'm sure you've all expressed your U2 stories so there's mine; all the wrong words in all the wrong places

That's awesome!

By the way, have you heard Metallica's song yet? i knew NOTHING of Metallica in 1999, and their song One alone made me a fan who eventually got all their 80s albums up to Black Album. Very different song, but also a very important song. Incredible live (Metallica also have an obsessive live fanbase culture like U2).

9. You're right, Metalicca is heavy metal, but also rock. They produce very good music, but you got to like it. There are some beauties, I admit.
  10. That's a good idea, hey @remy take a look