1. I know it's not *quite* the right topic as this has nothing to do with the DVD

But I am listening to 2001-06-08 Boston, MA and there are Black Dog and Rock N Roll N* snippets in Bullet the Blue Sky that seem to be unrecorded. How do I / we let U2gigs know?
  2. Originally posted by MattG:I know it's not *quite* the right topic as this has nothing to do with the DVD

But I am listening to 2001-06-08 Boston, MA and there are Black Dog and Rock N Roll N* snippets in Bullet the Blue Sky that seem to be unrecorded. How do I / we let U2gigs know?
    Twitter. In the past I also send them some messages about missing snippets on twitter and they added them after (most of the time).
  3. I must confess that I have never watched Boston in full. I've probably watched all of it in clips and different moments, but I am pretty certain I never sat through it from beginning to end.

I think it's because to me Slane is the perfect video from the Elevation tour (which is ironic since it's one of only three outdoor gigs of the whole tour and therefore NOT a veracious representation of the tour) lol
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:I must confess that I have never watched Boston in full. I've probably watched all of it in clips and different moments, but I am pretty certain I never sat through it from beginning to end.

NEVER? In your entire life? Go do it right now mister
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:I must confess that I have never watched Boston in full. I've probably watched all of it in clips and different moments, but I am pretty certain I never sat through it from beginning to end.

I think it's because to me Slane is the perfect video from the Elevation tour (which is ironic since it's one of only three outdoor gigs of the whole tour and therefore NOT a veracious representation of the tour) lol
    I'm in the same boat and completely agree. Slane was a perfect documentation of a brilliant show.. Boston was filmed over, what, three nights? I was also bummed by the exclusion of One, and the story about the GAers protesting just sucked in general. Slane has always been my go-to, but I do watch the performance of Gone every now and then- good version and it's fun watching Edge be a footballer 🤣
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:I must confess that I have never watched Boston in full. I've probably watched all of it in clips and different moments, but I am pretty certain I never sat through it from beginning to end.

could be the one I've watched the most!
  7. Haha I know right, crazy stuff. Of course I could just go and watch it today without a problem, it's 2 clicks away... But in a way it's nice and fun to leave it as it is
  8. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    I'm in the same boat and completely agree. Slane was a perfect documentation of a brilliant show.. Boston was filmed over, what, three nights? I was also bummed by the exclusion of One, and the story about the GAers protesting just sucked in general. Slane has always been my go-to, but I do watch the performance of Gone every now and then- good version and it's fun watching Edge be a footballer 🤣
    EXACTLY. I watch Gone, WOWY and The Fly from Boston every now and then but that's about it. Glad to see I'm not alone, thanks Justin
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:I must confess that I have never watched Boston in full. I've probably watched all of it in clips and different moments, but I am pretty certain I never sat through it from beginning to end.

funny, because it was the first VHS that I could see U2 playing live, I remember it like it was yesterday
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    EXACTLY. I watch Gone, WOWY and The Fly from Boston every now and then but that's about it. Glad to see I'm not alone, thanks Justin
    No Stay/Bad/Streets?
  11. Having listened to a hefty amount of Elevation Tour bootlegs, I don't think Slane is a good representation of the tour at all. I think it's far and away their best-recorded show/performance, but it in no way demonstrates what was really happening night to night on the Elevation Tour.

Boston is imperfect and so was the tour. There were plenty of fuckups and fan drama, both of which are evident on the Boston DVD. Slane is way more of a flawless party; Boston is the better tour document.