1. Im from up north in belfast. Irish though and through though
  2. Originally posted by patrickwaldronhey there im in kildare[work in dub] but from mayo originally! seeing as you are in dublin you probably know rythm records? i dont know how that shop operates any more now that the internet is running.....it sells bootlegs that you can get here for between 20 and 30 euros a go....and the officail stuff is off the walls.....

Rythm records is a legend of a shop .Been a source of bootlegs for years and years .Its also a great place to buy U2 collectables .I've got my sights firmly set on the Autographed and framed War gold disc they have on display in there ,along with one or two other cool collectables.They have originals of a lot of the early singles and EP's

3. Yeah i dont argue with that my only argument is the fact that the guy who runs it is making a fortune off U2 fans....i can haonestly say i got my autographs via Bonos dad(Rip)....and ill never part with them...this site is completely different in that it is run by fans of U2 for the benefit of those fans...the sharing of concerts absolutely free...
  4. Originally posted by redgav[..]

I'm from Cork City in the very south of Ireland but I live and work in Dublin.I also worked and lived in Belgium for a few years so I spent a lot of time in Holland.I didn't like Amsterdam as there were too many people there for the red lights ,I much preferred smaller towns Like Breda ,I met loads of Dutch people there whereas Amsterdam was all stag parties and sex tourists .Bergen Op Zoom was without doubt my favourite place ,especially as there was a Irish music shop owned by a dutchman called patrick who loved U2 and use sell me bootlegs ,this was all before the internet of course

First and for all a warm welcome !
    And as i proud Belgian guy, i'd really like to hear where you've been in Belgium then
  5. Hello, hello
    I'm at a place called Dub-blin
    It's everything i wish I didn't know
    Except you give me somthing
    In Dubliiin... Dubliiiiiiin

Welcome to our community, man! Hope you have some great moments here!!
  6. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]

First and for all a warm welcome !
    And as i proud Belgian guy, i'd really like to hear where you've been in Belgium then

All over the place mate , these are just a few :Brussels ,Asse,Aalst,Leuven,Leuven de neuve,waterloo,St Truiden,Brugge,Ghent,Antwerp,hassalt,tournhout,Wechter
    Lived and worked in them all

Antwerp was the best though especially in the summer when Kits staged the Grote Markt Rock festival

7. Originally posted by redgav[..]

All over the place mate , these are just a few :Brussels ,Asse,Aalst,Leuven,Leuven de neuve,waterloo,St Truiden,Brugge,Ghent,Antwerp,hassalt,tournhout,Wechter
    Lived and worked in them all

Antwerp was the best though especially in the summer when Kits staged the Grote Markt Rock festival

Well i think you've seen almost whole Flanders then (which is good, Walloon sucks )
    And i must say you still know a lot of the Dutch names
    + Antwerp = The pride of Flanders !
  8. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]

Well i think you've seen almost whole Flanders then (which is good, Walloon sucks )
    And i must say you still know a lot of the Dutch names
    + Antwerp = The pride of Flanders !

Yeah ,seen everywhere ,even small places like Zaventem ...walloon is full of der kickers :>) and they are not nice people compared to the flemish...hated the place .Ditto Bruxelles although Schuman(near Berlaymont) is ok ,lots of English speakers and HUGE Irish Community.Biggest downside in Brux was the amount of problems we had with the Morocan/Tunisian youths ... Flanders(Vlanderin) I loved ,especially Antwerp (anvers) and Brugge though.Craziest place was St Truiden ,we were the only 4 paddies there and were like celebs in the town.Each place I've mentioned has a Irish Bar that I either worked in/Ran or opened

9. Originally posted by redgav[..]

Yeah ,seen everywhere ,even small places like Zaventem ...walloon is full of der kickers :>) and they are not nice people compared to the flemish...hated the place .Ditto Bruxelles although Schuman(near Berlaymont) is ok ,lots of English speakers and HUGE Irish Community.Biggest downside in Brux was the amount of problems we had with the Morocan/Tunisian youths ... Flanders(Vlanderin) I loved ,especially Antwerp (anvers) and Brugge though.Craziest place was St Truiden ,we were the only 4 paddies there and were like celebs in the town.Each place I've mentioned has a Irish Bar that I either worked in/Ran or opened

Well Zaventem contains or National Airport so it's not really small (In Belgian terms that is )
    Then Sint-Truiden is smaller i think, but i'm sure they were friendly, "Limburg" is really full of nice people...
    If i compare that with Walloons... As you said, the most aren't friendly at all and they don't even try to understand, just speaking French all the time and then they are pissed because you prefer English cause your French is even worse (in my case )
    And that thing you've said about the Morocan and Tunesian youth... Well, i don't want to be a racist but last years, we all have/had problems with them.... But ofcourse not ALL of them are bad !
    Btw, did you visit Sint-Niklaas ? That's also quite a big city, i go to school there and there's also an Irish Pub there, at the market
    It's not the place were i live, that's Steendorp but it would be a miracle if you visited that place of 3000 people