1. wauw! ! ! that's great mate .....
    My wife has the same when she was pregnant of our first daughter .....
    but she did it when we played music of kate bush !!!!
    That's one of my wife favorits .....
    But she did not do it with u2 (SHAME ON YOU LITTLE GIRL !!!)
    But i hope you be the lukiest parents of the world .....
    Is this your first one ?
    Well i 've got tree of those kind of wonderfull things ......

Good luck !!!! Emiel
  2. Absolutely moving...

Please accept a absolutely giant CONGRATULATIONS from my side...
  3. Originally posted by snitch[..]the lyrics are a little bit too heavy, i must say....

To quote BB King from Rattle And Hum, "The lyrics are real heavy lyrics... you mighty young to write such heavy lyrics!"

After being on the kid side of this, I'm gonna offer the opinion that this not as big an issue as most people would think. As a toddler I knew the words to Bad and Running to Stand Still without knowing (or caring, really) what they were about. I could recite both Rattle And Hum speeches (Silver And Gold & Sunday Bloody Sunday) without understanding the social issues behind them - I knew better than to say the f-word in front of mom or dad, though! I just thought it was cool to imitate Bono and it felt good to 1) listen to the music and 2) be able to sing / act along and do it justice.

I don't think lyrics about drugs (especially ones that treat it the serious problem side of it) are too heavy for kids; compare that to hip hop, where 99% of songs celebrate weed and even then I think most kids know enough to just take that for what it is. Perhaps this is just an American viewpoint, but I'd feel much more uncomfortable hearing my kid repeating a sexual lyric he / she didn't understand or asking about it.

Once in a blue moon a U2 song will have a sexual phrase you might not want kids repeating (live Desire "inside her" replacing "beside her" or Until The End Of The World "goin' down on me") but you'll never eliminate that entirely, in any entertainer (not any good one anyway). But hey, I guess the alternatives are 1) bands with filler / crap formula lyrics about how their girlfriend dumped them and nonconformity or 2) hip hop, which has 100,000X worse language than U2 and for no good reason (U2 usually does so at least somewhat tastefully and with an apparent reason).

All things considered, I think U2 is a relatively safe band for kids to be interested in...

Then again, call me in a few years after I become a parent and see if I feel the same way...
  4. Originally posted by redgavis here in my house ...My mrs is due in about 4 weeks and we were both sitting on the couch while I played Acoustic U2 collection and my future son/daughter started kicking and moving like crazy , when I mute the music the movement stopped.I then put on some Arcade fire and there was no movement so I switched back to U2 and the baby started moving like crazy again .That makes it official , my future kid has great music taste

Surely a world record ...think I'll head off to ring the Guinness book people

Congratulations my friend...I really wnat to do something like this with my future baby...I'll put Sweetest Thing to my baby...but I don't want to have babys now...maybe in 10 year I'll make one...but I think your baby have a great music taste as you said!

and I start to listen U2 because of my uncle...about 11 years old he put U2 in my life...and now he has a 2 years old boy(my cousin) and when my uncle is listening to some U2 song my cousin says:"U2 dad!"...he really can listen to U2 songs...with 2 years old...but your baby has the record redgav!!

See you friends!!
    Always nice to talk with you all!!
  5. when my wife was expecting our first son we put headphones on the bump and played him with or without you and pride!

when vertigo came out i played it a lot and now he goes nuts to it and even can sing most of it and hes only 3 and a half! he also goes nuts and sings the saints are coming! its mad....always meant to get him on video and put him and his bro on utube!
  6. Originally posted by u2met86[..]

To quote BB King from Rattle And Hum, "The lyrics are real heavy lyrics... you mighty young to write such heavy lyrics!"

After being on the kid side of this, I'm gonna offer the opinion that this not as big an issue as most people would think. As a toddler I knew the words to Bad and Running to Stand Still without knowing (or caring, really) what they were about. I could recite both Rattle And Hum speeches (Silver And Gold & Sunday Bloody Sunday) without understanding the social issues behind them - I knew better than to say the f-word in front of mom or dad, though! I just thought it was cool to imitate Bono and it felt good to 1) listen to the music and 2) be able to sing / act along and do it justice.

I don't think lyrics about drugs (especially ones that treat it the serious problem side of it) are too heavy for kids; compare that to hip hop, where 99% of songs celebrate weed and even then I think most kids know enough to just take that for what it is. Perhaps this is just an American viewpoint, but I'd feel much more uncomfortable hearing my kid repeating a sexual lyric he / she didn't understand or asking about it.

[...]

All things considered, I think U2 is a relatively safe band for kids to be interested in...

Then again, call me in a few years after I become a parent and see if I feel the same way...

i know all that because i did it when i was younger too!!! not with u2 (shame on me...LOL) but with other songs...
    and i said in my last post that the melody is sweet and calm, so i think it's more than suitable to our baby-u2-fans... and i think it's all about sharing with your kid something special like u2.....so, no harm done!!!
  7. my two year old is fan so far gotta keep him going. he loves vertigo and streets, I am so happy.
  8. Wauw, must be great !
    Congratulations !!! So, you're going to be a dad, that's an amazing thing AND your child is a U2-fan... What more can a man wish