1. Just did a U2 DVD marathon. watching them all back to back has shoook up my favourite dvd list. At the top Slane still rules. Sydney Takes 2nd spot from Rattle and Hum. Then comes Popmart Mexico with Red Rocks following that. 2nd from Bottom is Vertigo Milan and the terrible Chicago comes in bottom. anyone agree or disagree?
  2. I still don't know what's wrong with Chicago. Anything with Cry/Electric Co/An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart is good to me. I rate Slane top though followed by ZooTV Sydney, then Chicago, Milan and last but not least Boston.
  3. That's cool, a DVD marathon.

But indeed, in the end, Slane remains the best DVD. That DVD has made me a true U2 fan, without it there wouldn't even be a U2start ZooTV is a close second though.
  4. Is Milan on dvd? I know it was recorded but have only seen a part of it on TV. Or did you download it from Usenet or a similar exchanging website thing.
  5. Originally posted by Angel_or_DevilIs Milan on dvd? I know it was recorded but have only seen a part of it on TV. Or did you download it from Usenet or a similar exchanging website thing.

Milan is on DVD indeed, it's on the deluxe edition of the U218 Singles CD. It's only a few songs with the length of one hour though.
  6. The vertigo live from Milan dvd is included with the U218 singles limited edition
  7. First off, Chicago isnt terrible.

My favourite is definately Slane, with Sydney next. I really love Milan, would love to see the whole show. Irving Plaza is definately another good one, and Rattle and Hum is a classic.
  8. Originally posted by drewhigginsI still don't know what's wrong with Chicago. Anything with Cry/Electric Co/An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart is good to me. I rate Slane top though followed by ZooTV Sydney, then Chicago, Milan and last but not least Boston.

great songs indeed and excellent performances of those songs. there isnt a bad performance on the dvd but somehow it comes across to me as a crap show. I blame the lack of crowd enthusiasm. during Electric Co. which is definatley a rocking song there is no movement in the crowd at all. it was definatley a greatest hits crowd in that nite, not die hard U2 fans
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

great songs indeed and excellent performances of those songs. there isnt a bad performance on the dvd but somehow it comes across to me as a crap show. I blame the lack of crowd enthusiasm. during Electric Co. which is definatley a rocking song there is no movement in the crowd at all. it was definatley a greatest hits crowd in that nite, not die hard U2 fans

exactly...i usually don't like videos recorded in the us because of the audience.
  10. Originally posted by Angel_or_DevilIs Milan on dvd? I know it was recorded but have only seen a part of it on TV. Or did you download it from Usenet or a similar exchanging website thing.

You can download it via torrent. Did it too..Just search for it.

My top:
    1) Slane
    2) Zoo TV
    3) Milan
    4) Boston
    5) Chicago

11. I LOVE CHICAGO!!!!!!!! it was my first U2 DVD show!!! i think thats why.. It was my first taste of a U2 show. I got it in April of 2006 2 months after I got How To Dismantle which is was my first U2 album. I don't know why people hate it so much I love it.

it has great versions of

Love and Peace Or Else
    Vertigo
    City of Blinding Lights
    An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
    Cry/The Electric Co.
    All Because of You
    Mysterious Ways
    New Year's Day
    Original of The Species
    Running To Stand Still

Yup its awesome at least those performances are..
  12. I love Chicago, too. Interestingly enough, Chicago tends to work incredibly well on people who know nothing about U2, in my opinion.

My friend saw the first 1:30 of "City" as the lights all go on and was blown away by the "showmanship." I grinned and agreed but silently thought ("Wow, you ain't seen nothin', yet").

Don't forget Yahweh! Look at the 4 of them lined up in the same wide shot on the ellipse. Watch the 2nd chorus (where Adam slides into each bass note) transition into "Ohhhh-oo-ohhhhh-oo...."