1. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyHmm defenitely a question I'd like to ask to Bono! Isn't it something in Latin or something? I'm don't know that language, but also Gloria has Latin parts (In Te Domine...anyone knows what that means?)

It is a Latin phrase meaning "In You, Lord". In = In, Te = You, Domine = Lord. Also of note is that "Gloria", the title of the song, is the Latin word for "Glory"

In Latin, the beginning of Psalm 31 is "In te Domine speravi..." "In you, O Lord; I take refuge." As for the other Latin bits in "Gloria," "exultate" and "miserere" -- these are the beginnings of Psalms 33 and 51, respectively: "Exultate iusti in Domino..." "Exult, you just, in the Lord." And "Miserere mei Deus..." is "Have mercy on me, O God..."

2. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

It is a Latin phrase meaning "In You, Lord". In = In, Te = You, Domine = Lord. Also of note is that "Gloria", the title of the song, is the Latin word for "Glory"

In Latin, the beginning of Psalm 31 is "In te Domine speravi..." "In you, O Lord; I take refuge." As for the other Latin bits in "Gloria," "exultate" and "miserere" -- these are the beginnings of Psalms 33 and 51, respectively: "Exultate iusti in Domino..." "Exult, you just, in the Lord." And "Miserere mei Deus..." is "Have mercy on me, O God..."

Hey, thanks for reacting! Now I know what I was wondering about! Thanks!
  3. the word is agape and it's the greek word that means "love"
    actually it's pronounced agapi but our language is far too difficult so Bono can't pronounce it in the right way
    in greek it's written "αγάπη"
  4. Originally posted by mario_coolthe word is agape and it's the greek word that means "love"
    actually it's pronounced agapi but our language is far too difficult so Bono can't pronounce it in the right way
    in greek it's written "αγάπη"

Woooow thanksss! You solved the mystery!
  5. a great comlain though...
    u2 came only one time here in greece
    i can't understand that..they have so many fans here and they don't come here..so sad
  6. Originally posted by mario_coola great comlain though...
    u2 came only one time here in greece
    i can't understand that..they have so many fans here and they don't come here..so sad

I can't understand that to I think Greece is really suitable for a U2 concert! I don't understand!
  7. when they came here in 1997 in their unique concert in greece bono before singing ISHFWILF he said in greek: "we finally play in greece...i don't understand why we have been waiting for so long to come here.."
    but they never came back although they said that they have never seen a crowd like the greek..
  8. Originally posted by mario_coolwhen they came here in 1997 in their unique concert in greece bono before singing ISHFWILF he said in greek: "we finally play in greece...i don't understand why we have been waiting for so long to come here.."
    but they never came back although they said that they have never seen a crowd like the greek..

Well they say that in every country I think. Still don't understand they never returned. I hope foy you they will on their next tour!
  9. thanx my friend
    i pray to God for that!
  10. Originally posted by mario_coolthanx my friend
    i pray to God for that!

And U2 is near God, so there is a chance it helps
  11. yes! i hope so! because they should know that here in Greece we love U2....!
    or else in greek: AGAPAME U2!!!
  12. Originally posted by djrlewisIt is a Latin phrase meaning "In You, Lord". In = In, Te = You, Domine = Lord. Also of note is that "Gloria", the title of the song, is the Latin word for "Glory"

I'm going to make a writing test of Latin just tomorrow, so I would have answered this question, if I had only read it before...
    And you djrlewis, you took my moment of... "GOLRIA"! I'm angry with you now!

...Joking!!!
    Anyway great translation, friend!
    I hope also the examination of tomorrow will be so easy...