1. That live Bad-ified version is absolutely stunning. Even though Bono's voice was at it's worst at that time, it works in the songs favour I guess. I love when Edge goes into those arpeggio chords from the Bad riff !
  2. Always had a soft spot for this one. Peace on Earth as well. And Beautiful Day. And Stuck. And Walk On. And the Ground Beneath her feet. And New York. But Jesus Christ this album grates me like a drunk uncle at a wedding.

The worst sounding album the band ever recorded. It sounds like 128kbps.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:Always had a soft spot for this one. Peace on Earth as well. And Beautiful Day. And Stuck. And Walk On. And the Ground Beneath her feet. And New York. But Jesus Christ this album grates me like a drunk uncle at a wedding.

You're drunk, go home
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:Always had a soft spot for this one. Peace on Earth as well. And Beautiful Day. And Stuck. And Walk On. And the Ground Beneath her feet. And New York. But Jesus Christ this album grates me like a drunk uncle at a wedding.

Man that's the most accurate representation I've ever heard of what I could never describe myself about why I never listen to this album.

I still dislike Atomic Bomb more for even less interesting songs, but at least Atomic Bomb sounds good and dynamic.

And still I love a lot of the songs on All that you can't leave behind in their own right for some reason...
  5. ATYCLB is without question way better live but it gets too much of a bad rap on here,In A Little While,WILATW,Walk On,Beautiful Day,Kite,SIAMYCGOO are all superb studio tracks and thats half the album.Yeah theres a few filler tracks but thats nothing new.
  6. Alright, now you're sober (are you?) I have to reckon there's some truth in what you said yesterday.
    Originally posted by germcevoy:Always had a soft spot for this one. Peace on Earth as well. And Beautiful Day. And Stuck. And Walk On. And the Ground Beneath her feet. And New York. But Jesus Christ this album grates me like a drunk uncle at a wedding.
    I'd leave Beautiful Day out (I really can't stand it anymore) and put Kite in. But it's still full of turds. Elevation still has the worst set of lyrics ever released by Bono. Wild Honey... well, is Wild Honey. And Grace is the most boring song of their whole catalogue, head and shoulders over the others (Elvis Presley And America, One Step Closer, much of Passengers, 4th Of July, etc). And yeah it's a really really bad sounding album. And I can't rate favorably an album where I feel the urge to push the skip button 4 times, and moreover sounds like crap.
  7. Hmmm it's a tough call, but yeah Grace is above it as well imho. SFS is lame but not overly boring as such - which Grace definitely is.
  8. Grace is the worst thing they have ever gave minutes to.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Alright, now you're sober (are you?) I have to reckon there's some truth in what you said yesterday.[..]
    I'd leave Beautiful Day out (I really can't stand it anymore) and put Kite in. But it's still full of turds. Elevation still has the worst set of lyrics ever released by Bono. Wild Honey... well, is Wild Honey. And Grace is the most boring song of their whole catalogue, head and shoulders over the others (Elvis Presley And America, One Step Closer, much of Passengers, 4th Of July, etc). And yeah it's a really really bad sounding album. And I can't rate favorably an album where I feel the urge to push the skip button 4 times, and moreover sounds like crap.
    I stand by it. Many songs I have fond memories of. I’d even forgotten Kite. Throw in those two Elevation tour DVDs that were very much the making of my U2 fandom and I should really really love this album. I don’t and I don’t think I’ll ever give it a complete run through again in my lifetime. It’s just not a good investment of an hour of time.