1. Why is it when U2 tour (post Unforgettable Fire) they always kick off with a North American Leg? Is it because of the marketing value of America or do they like to find their feet first, try a few things out then unleash it on the rest o the world. All their tours are structured the same. North America - Europe - North America then Rest of World.Any insights?
  2. I guess because it's their biggest financial market - multiple shows in arenas = ££££££!

Europe & rest of the world (especially when it's stadia) must cost a fortune to keep running.
  3. I knew the financial side of it. Hence the 2 legs they always do in America. Just nvr understood why the always kick off in America
  4. It's fine by me, as long as they're kicking of in the spring they'll be here in the summer, U2 + summer = HOT
  5. U2 + Summer + Stadium + enthusiastic = HOT!! (had to correct you there Remy
  6. Originally posted by germcevoyI knew the financial side of it. Hence the 2 legs they always do in America. Just nvr understood why the always kick off in America

Yeh, I was meaning that I reckon they make the money in America 1st to then help fund the rest of the tour (and 're-fill' later too). My guess is that if they tried to start in Europe they would lose too much money too quickly (although nowadays they could probabaly afford to bank-roll it)
  7. Ah I get where your coming from. America is their financial safe house
  8. it's all about money!! i can only dream that they are play twice in holland (with different set and leg example the first and last leg)

first leg in de kuip in rotterdam and the last leg in Gelderdome in Arnhem that will be awsome
  9. Originally posted by ivovertigoit's all about money!! i can only dream that they are play twice in holland (with different set and leg example the first and last leg)

first leg in de kuip in rotterdam and the last leg in Gelderdome in Arnhem that will be awsome

Great idea! I should be there if that happens!
  10. always liked the idea of them opening or closing with a home gig in Ireland. Was pkanned for Lovetown but with the rescheduled Amsterdam gigs taking place in Rotterdamit wern't to be
  11. Goes like this:

Early legs are scheduled at spring time, so they gotta be at indoors, since there are many places in America and Europe which are too cold to play arenas in that time of the year. Now, American arenas are more and have more capacity than european ones. That's why they do it.
  12. Originally posted by germcevoyalways liked the idea of them opening or closing with a home gig in Ireland. Was pkanned for Lovetown but with the rescheduled Amsterdam gigs taking place in Rotterdamit wern't to be

it would be so cool if they both opened and closed a tour ireland. and rather than playing 3 gigs in croke park, they should use different venues from around the country, like here in cork and up in your place as well.
    im so sick of going to dublin for gigs. i just dont like the place.