1. Well, in August I'll continue working on the next U2start. One idea that occured to me inspired by the recent Youtube action is offering U2start in more languages than the English one. I could make a language file template with the option to have more languages than one for the users. This will attract more fans and makes U2start easier to use for people who are not good in the English language.

The forum and the content remains off course English but the help pages (which will be greatly improved and extended) and the navigation and default text/headers can be Dutch, of Spanish, Italian etc. You name it.

What do you think of it, will it work? And are there any users prepared to work with me on that? I can build a Dutch U2start but I need other people to write language files in other languages, I'm interested in Spanish for example, since many users are native Spanish speakers.

Thanks!
  2. Not sure if there's really need for that, but if you decide to do it I could help you on german and probably on french, too.
  3. Its a nice accessability option but I like the idea that we have one forum that everyone comes to, no matter the language. There are ppl here who think they have bad english who really don't! But with an alternate option, they might feel more comfortable there and would kind of divide the community wouldnt it?
  4. Originally posted by rmann83Its a nice accessability option but I like the idea that we have one forum that everyone comes to, no matter the language. There are ppl here who think they have bad english who really don't! But with an alternate option, they might feel more comfortable there and would kind of divide the community wouldnt it?

Yeah I think so. U2start is really growing these months, there are more than 7000 different people visiting this website every day right now so I want to make it more accessible for people who are not that good in the English language.

I want to serve all U2 fans!
  5. Originally posted by Remy[..]
    I want to serve all U2 fans!

If only the ppl at U2.com thought that way...
    Remy, you're even better than the real thing
  6. Originally posted by rmann83[..]

If only the ppl at U2.com thought that way...
    Remy, you're even better than the real thing

Some day even they will think alike!
  7. Originally posted by RemyWell, in August I'll continue working on the next U2start. One idea that occured to me inspired by the recent Youtube action is offering U2start in more languages than the English one. I could make a language file template with the option to have more languages than one for the users. This will attract more fans and makes U2start easier to use for people who are not good in the English language.

The forum and the content remains off course English but the help pages (which will be greatly improved and extended) and the navigation and default text/headers can be Dutch, of Spanish, Italian etc. You name it.

What do you think of it, will it work? And are there any users prepared to work with me on that? I can build a Dutch U2start but I need other people to write language files in other languages, I'm interested in Spanish for example, since many users are native Spanish speakers.

Thanks!

Hi Remy
    here I am again...

Well...I'll always talk with you here and with the other friends that I made here in u2start in English....and I believe that te main body of u2start will keep in English...by the way I'm learning English every single day here but your idea is great...It will be amazing have u2start for everybody,because a lot of people don't talk on the Forum cause they don't know English very well...so I'm with you Remy!

See you friend!
    Greetings from Brazil!!
  8. What Aidan says is a good point. There probably are a lot of members who never visit the forums because they can't write English very well. On the other hand, if you decide to make a Spanish, French etc. forum, many folks with the same native language will stick together.
    So we get all kinds of subforums: the French, the Spanish, the Dutch(although I prefer to stay with the English one) etc. I like the the forums we have now, all kidns of cultures and countries in one forum. We're one, but we're not the same..
  9. Great idea Remy! More fans will come over here then
  10. Originally posted by MWSAHWhat Aidan says is a good point. There probably are a lot of members who never visit the forums because they can't write English very well. On the other hand, if you decide to make a Spanish, French etc. forum, many folks with the same native language will stick together.
    So we get all kinds of subforums: the French, the Spanish, the Dutch(although I prefer to stay with the English one) etc. I like the the forums we have now, all kidns of cultures and countries in one forum. We're one, but we're not the same..

Yeah good idea, I want to rearrange the forums anyway, I want to make a general music forum for all the other artists out there, there's a lot of topics about other artists, especially about bootlegs, now anyway. Maybe I can make a few forums for other languages.
  11. U2Start. V 2.0 will be absolutely stunning.
    The project of the Multi Artist + Multi Language Forums is amazing

By the way, I can translate all U2Start to Spanish, and also to Portuguese with the help of Aidan...
  12. Originally posted by LikeASongU2Start. V 2.0 will be absolutely stunning.
    The project of the Multi Artist + Multi Language Forums is amazing

By the way, I can translate all U2Start to Spanish, and also to Portuguese with the help of Aidan...

That would be great!
    And it will be U2start V 2.5
    This is the second big U2start version, and the next one though will feature a lot of new stuff will remain in the same layout etc. so it'll be 2.5.