1. Originally posted by RemyThat would be great!
    And it will be U2start V 2.5
    This is the second big U2start version, and the next one though will feature a lot of new stuff will remain in the same layout etc. so it'll be 2.5.
    I know, but since i didn't know U2Start (I joined on Novemeber!) 1,0, for me it's going to be 2,0... Hahaha
  2. I totally support the idea and i want to help with the Dutch subforum but i don't think that's really necessary
  3. Originally posted by MWSAH

We're one, but we're not the same..

I think that Remy will choose the best option for U2start...but we have good points to stay in Engligh and to open to new lenguages too....very very difficult
  4. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni[..]

I think that Remy will choose the best option for U2start...but we have good points to stay in Engligh and to open to new lenguages too....very very difficult

I think I'll try it if I have enough time to create it, I think it can work out well.
    Otherwise I want to have the help files in more languages available at least.
  5. I was just watching the stats for U2start and noticed that this website is often requested from translate.google.com. Interesting Thanks all for the input, I will see what I can do with all this.
  6. Originally posted by RemyWell, in August I'll continue working on the next U2start. One idea that occured to me inspired by the recent Youtube action is offering U2start in more languages than the English one. I could make a language file template with the option to have more languages than one for the users. This will attract more fans and makes U2start easier to use for people who are not good in the English language.

The forum and the content remains off course English but the help pages (which will be greatly improved and extended) and the navigation and default text/headers can be Dutch, of Spanish, Italian etc. You name it.

What do you think of it, will it work? And are there any users prepared to work with me on that? I can build a Dutch U2start but I need other people to write language files in other languages, I'm interested in Spanish for example, since many users are native Spanish speakers.

Thanks!

Back again to my Web-home...

I think yours is a great idea, Remy! I could translate U2START in Italian, if you want. Just tell me what do you want me to translate and I'll do it. In August it would not be a problem for me to find some time to attend this (beautiful) work.
  7. Originally posted by MWSAHWhat Aidan says is a good point. There probably are a lot of members who never visit the forums because they can't write English very well. On the other hand, if you decide to make a Spanish, French etc. forum, many folks with the same native language will stick together.
    So we get all kinds of subforums: the French, the Spanish, the Dutch(although I prefer to stay with the English one) etc. I like the the forums we have now, all kidns of cultures and countries in one forum. We're one, but we're not the same..

I agree with you, MWSAH ( and so also with Aidan). It would stimolate a lot of other people to write in the forums, but the beautiful mixture of different cultures we have now mustn't be changed. I love to talk with stranger friends! And the concept you underlined is right: only one kind of forum is the closest thing to the U2's best idea "We are one but we are not the same"!

8. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

Back again to my Web-home...

I think yours is a great idea, Remy! I could translate U2START in Italian, if you want. Just tell me what do you want me to translate and I'll do it. In August it would not be a problem for me to find some time to attend this (beautiful) work.

Great! Since Italian is my favorite language I am very pleased with your offer. I will certainly contact you when the time's there!
  9. Originally posted by RemyGreat! Since Italian is my favorite language I am very pleased with your offer. I will certainly contact you when the time's there!

Simply proud of it!

10. Remy i can help you to translate whatever you want in greek
    although i don't see other greeks here except for me... but anyway if you want i can do it!
    i 'm with you my man! great idea!
  11. Originally posted by mario_coolRemy i can help you to translate whatever you want in greek
    although i don't see other greeks here except for me... but anyway if you want i can do it!
    i 'm with you my man! great idea!

Thanks mate! Really appreciated!