1. Originally posted by Macphistflyanybody read the book by the former stylist Lola Cashman?

Shite
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Shite

really? how so?
  3. Originally posted by theedge123
    PS: 100 posts!

Congrats!
  4. I have read:
    "Bono On Bono" aka "Bono In Conversation With Michka Assayas"
    -I couldn't put this book down, and that's saying a lot since I fell out of love with reading years ago. The book made me want to be this guy. The chapters on Africa show how much of a genius this guy is (especially the part where Michka asks "Aren't you out of touch with reality?" and Bono replies, "But whose reality am I not in touch with? I may be out of touch with the first-world working class, but isn't it more important in my social position to represent the millions of third-world people who essentially have NO voice?") Hell, the chapter where Michka starts asking Bono about his beliefs singlehandedly restored my Christian faith.
    U2: The Early Days
    -Cool book, very rare find. Early photos, some early anecdotes about opening up for other bands at McGonagle's and nobody showing up, stuff about the Virgin Prunes, hilarious early promo photos that went very wrong.

I want to read:
    1. U2 At The End Of The World - insane personal account of ZooTV. I read the first 5 pages on Amazon.com and then almost cried that I didn't have the rest of the book available. I would have read it in one sitting, I'm convinced.
    2. Killing Bono: I Was Bono's Doppelganger - the story of the guy (Neil McCormick?) who went to Bono's high school and wanted to do all the same things
    3. U2 by U2
    4. U2: Into The Heart: The Stories Behind Every Song
    5. U2 Live
    6. Walk On (the subtitle is something like The Spiritual Journey Of U2)

---

Oh yeah, and about the 100 posts... "Nice singin', theedge123."
  5. Like u2met86, i also read Bono On Bono (well in Dutch its Bono Over Bono so i suggest that's the same one )
    And yeah i must say it was very interesting, specially because it was about BONO, not about U2, so you can see his life from another angle
    This was also the book were i read Bono's favorite song/text was Stay (still believe it was text, not song )

And i got the book U2 By U2 a few months ago but i still haven't got time to read it, due the exams...
    But i'll be reading it in the holidays, that's for sure
  6. Originally posted by theedge123U2 by U2, very good and rare pictures, and It's interesting to know little stories behind the group and our favorite songs but Bono talks too much.. But there's some funny stories in this book. It's great!

Congratulations, You're Boy-Girl now Hope to see you at Sweetest Thing soon
  7. Thanks djrlewis, u2met86 (good joke from Slane DVD ) and MirrorballBoy!
  8. Originally posted by theedge123U2 by U2, very good and rare pictures, and It's interesting to know little stories behind the group and our favorite songs but Bono talks too much.. But there's some funny stories in this book. It's great!

It is the best book! really gives you the best look of how the band grew for a "baby band" to what they are today simple amazing!! I agree with u theedge123

congrats on ur 100 posts too.. ive still got abit to go
  9. Originally posted by Macphistflyanybody read the book by the former stylist Lola Cashman?

I have. Its pants.

Here is my list of U2 books ;-)

Some are better than others, top of the pile is Until the End Of The World, by Bill Flanagan.

All You Need Is Love.... - To Dismantle An Atomic Band - How U2 & The Beatles Changed The World by Todd McFlickert
    U2 Popaganda - Essential U2 Quotations by Tony Clayton-Lea
    U2 In Quotes - By Babylon Books
    U2 AND PHILOSOPHY - HOW TO DECIPHER AN ATOMIC BOMB - edited by Mark A. Wrathall
    U2 by U2 - Written by Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry with Niall McCormack, the first time U2 have told their own story - UK 1st edition hardback
    At The End Of The World - Book by Bill Flanagan - UNCORRECTED SAMPLER - NOT FOR SALE - softback with unique front & back cover artwork
    U2itude - The Ultimate Handbook For U2 Fans by Salvatore Petronella and Christopher Sorgie
    The U2 Reader - A Quarter Century Of Commentary, Criticism And Reviews by Hank Bordowitz
    U2 Leur Vie - Les Fans Anecdotes Chansons by Editions La Mascara (FRENCH TEXT!!!)
    U2 Collector - La Saga Rock by Hubert Allin (FRENCH TEXT!!!)
    Bono on Bono - Conversations with Michka Assayas by Michka Assays (1st edition hardback)
    Bono on Bono - Conversations with Michka Assayas by Michka Assays (revised and updated paperback)
    Bono - In The Name Of Love (The Unofficial Biography) by Mick Wall
    U2 & i - THE PHOTOGRAPHS 1982 - 2004 by Anton Corbijn
    U2 Show - U2 And The Art Of Touring by Diana Scrimgeour
    Stories For Boys - Original 1st edition copy by Dave Thomas
    Burning Desire - The Complete U2 Story by Sam Goodman
    Touch The Flame - An Illustrated Documentary by Geoff Parkyn
    Rattle And Hum - The Official Book Of The U2 Movie by Peter 'Willie' Williams
    U2 - The Complete Encyclopedia by Mark Chatterton
    U2 - The Complete Encyclopedia (revised/updated) by Mark Chatterton
    U2 - An Independant Story in Words and Pictures by Mike Nichols
    The Orion CD Guides - 'U2' by Mark Taylor
    U2 - A Biography by Winston Brandt
    Unforgettable Fire - The Story Of U2 (paperback) by Eammon Dunphy
    Unforgettable Fire - The Story Of U2 (hardback) by Eammon Dunphy
    Wide Awake In America - 12 Years With U2 Backstage And Beyond by Carter Alan
    Bono - In His Own Words by Dave Thompson
    U2 - The Early Years by Bill Graham
    U2 - An Illustrated History by Jackie Shirley
    A Grand Madness - Ten Years On The Road With U2 by Diane Ebert Biaff
    U2 Live: - A Concert Documentary by Pimm Jal De La Para
    U2 Live: - A Concert Documentary (revised and updated) by Pimm Jal De La Para
    U2 - Faraway, So Close! by BP Fallon
    U2 - The Rolling Stone Files by Elysa Gardner
    U2 - The Story So Far by Richard Seal
    Race Of Angels - The Genesis Of U2 by John Waters
    Bono - The Biography (hardback) by Laura Jackson
    Bono - The Biography (updated paperback edition) by Laura Jackson
    Walk On - The Spiritual Journey Of U2 by Steve Stockman
    Inside The ZOO With U2 - My Life With The Worlds Biggest Rock Band by Lola Cashman
    U2 - A Book Of 20 Tear Out Posters by Atlanta Press
    U2 - Conspiracy Of Hope (hardback) by Dave Bowler & Brian Dray
    U2 - At The End Of The World by Bill Flanagan
    Elevate Me Here: - U2 2000-20002 by Karin & Marcel Wagenaar
    U2 - Under A Blue Dublin Sky by Karin & Marcel Wagenaar
    Propaganda: - 20 Years Of The Official U2 Magazine by Carlton Books (hardback)
    U2 - The Complete Songs 1979 - 1999 by Wise Publications
    The U2 Portfolio: - Official Songbook by Blue Mountain Music
    U2's The Joshua Tree - The making Of (CD sized, fits in a CD cover) by Dave Thompson
    Into The Heart - The Stories behind Every U2 Song(1st edition) by Niall Stokes
    Into The Heart - The Stories behind Every U2 Song(2nd edition) by Niall Stokes
    Into The Heart - The Stories Behind Every U2 Song(3rd edition) by Niall Stokes(US hardback)
    U2 - A Hot Press History by Niall Stokes
    U2 - Three Chords And The Truth by Niall Stokes
    The Complete Guide To The Music Of U2 - From Boy To Zooropa by Bill Graham
    U2: The Complete Guide To Their Music (revised and updated) by Caroline van Oosten de Boer
    I Was Bono's Doppelganger -Its The Difference Between getting It All.. by Neil McCormick
    Stealing Hearts At A Travelling Show - The graphic Design Of U2 by FOUR5ONECREATIVE (Fully signed by Steve Averill in silver and Shaughn Mcgrath in gold)
    Irish Rock: Where It's Come From, Where It's At, Where It's Going by Tony Clayton Lea & Richie Taylor (The history of Irish rock + plenty of U2 references and Bono cover)
  10. Originally posted by tui[..]

It is the best book! really gives you the best look of how the band grew for a "baby band" to what they are today simple amazing!! I agree with u theedge123

congrats on ur 100 posts too.. ive still got abit to go

Really U2 by U2 is awesome
  11. I bought myself a new book yesterday... 1000* Bono - Achtung Baby
    That gives a total of 3 books now
  12. Originally posted by BelgianBonoI bought myself a new book yesterday... 1000* Bono - Achtung Baby
    That gives a total of 3 books now

And, does it look any good? I want to have it myself too but I'm not so sure.