1. hey all,

Luminous Times
    my favorite sentence or part from a U2 song is:
    i love you cause i need to, not because i need you.
    i love you cause i understand, that god has given me your hand

and

running to stand still
    you got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice

can't choose between those..

what's your favorite????

2. Favourite Lyric : ''Your gravity, searching for the ground, your silence searching for a sound''

Favoirte sentence or quote : ''if anyones gonna put the bullet in our heads we'l do it ourselves'' (Mr Mullen)
  3. Originally posted by ivovertigohey all,

Luminous Times
    my favorite sentence or part from a U2 song is:
    i love you cause i need to, not because i need you.
    i love you cause i understand, that god has given me your hand

and

running to stand still
    you got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice

can't choose between those..

what's your favorite????

AWESOME!!
    Cry Without Weeping, Talk Without Speaking, Scream Without Raising your Voice is mine all time sentence too!!!! Got it in my MSN Nickname for ages now
  4. Hummm I remeber a post VERY very similar to this one from a long time ago...

Well, anyway, my favourite sentence is of course:
    Originally posted by [bBONO[/B] as MacPhisto on Sydney 1993-11-27]Goodbye Squidgy, I hope they give you Wales...
    Goodbye, Michael...
    Goodbye all you Neo-Nazis... I hope they give you AUSWITCH!!"
  5. Originally posted by LikeASongHummm I remeber a post VERY very similar to this one from a long time ago...

[..]

very good. Macphisto had his moments
  6. Originally posted by germcevoyvery good. Macphisto had his moments
    The MacPhisto parts are the best of Zoo TV...
  7. "Good people of Yorkshire, you made a terrible mistake.... George Harrison says you shouldn't be here. It's all big fucking hats and lemons and air. Well, I've one thing for you, George: pump it up!"
  8. I like very much the lyrics in God Part II but my favourite parts are the following ones:
    "Don't believe the devil
    I don't believe his book
    But the truth is not the same
    Without the lies he made up"

"Don't believe in riches
    But you should see where I live"

"Don't believe in forced entry
    Don't believe in rape
    But every time she passes by
    Wild thoughts escape"

and also some messages from the Zoo TV Tour like:
    "We're stealing from the thieves",
    "They have the vision...but we have tele-vision" or
    "EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG" that appears on the screens of the stage before Even Better Than The Real Thing
  9. sorry i was wrong..
    "EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG" appears on the screens of Zoo stage before "The Fly"

10. Originally posted by LikeASongHummm I remeber a post VERY very similar to this one from a long time ago...

[..]

that was the very best moment of Macphisto.. It gives me chills everytime I hear it.

favourite lyrics:

A man captures color, A man likes to stare, turns his money into light to look for her.

or:

If you need someone to blame, throw a rock in the air, you'll hit someone guilty.

But there are more on my mind now!
  11. There are some many great lyrics and quotes. It's just too many!

I like the one from AIWIY:

You say you'll give me
    Eyes in a moon of blindness
    A river in a time of dryness
    A harbour in the tempest

But like I said, there are so many more..
  12. Originally posted by LikeASongOriginally posted by BONO as MacPhisto on Sydney 1993-11-27: Goodbye Squidgy, I hope they give you Wales...
    Goodbye, Michael...
    Goodbye all you Neo-Nazis... I hope they give you AUSWITCH!!"
    [..]

That quote is legendary everytime i hear that or watch the DVD its gves me shivers!

favourite lyric tho oh wow.. thats a tricky one! i love this one "Don't believe in the 60's
    The golden age of pop, You glorify the past, When the future dries up, Heard a singer on the radio late last night, He says he's gonna kick the darkness, 'til it bleeds daylight, I... I believe in love!" so powerful!

also love all the lyrics of the fly