1. Originally posted by Blue_RoomWell, I was at both the Chicago show and the Pontiac show and I can tell you with 100% accuracy that it was played at both. Bono sang the entire song at the Pontiac show, not just the first verse and chorus.
    Well, if you are 100% sure...

But, listen, my parents went to the PoPMart show here in Madrid on 9th September 1997, and last month (we talked a bit about the show) they were ABSOLUTELY SURE that U2 had played Sunday Bloody Sunday, and U2 DIDN'T play SBS on POP Madrid!!!

Our Brain (our desire!) can mislead and change our Memories...
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Well, if you are 100% sure...

But, listen, my parents went to the PoPMart show here in Madrid on 9th September 1997, and last month (we talked a bit about the show) they were ABSOLUTELY SURE that U2 had played Sunday Bloody Sunday, and U2 DIDN'T play SBS on POP Madrid!!!

Our Brain (our desire!) can mislead and change our Memories...

Are your parents enormous fans who have followed this band for over 20 years and have a knack for remembering details? Because that is me in a nutshell.

I know they played So Cruel at both shows. I know because So Cruel is one of my favorites on Achtung Baby so it was very memorable to me. Bono sang the whole thing, the one and only time he did it all the way through. I remember because after he did the bridge "Love, like a screaming flower, love, dying every hour" at the Pontiac show he hesitated for a second to remember where he was at with the song and continued. At the Chicago version it was very similiar to the Foxboro one that was recorded, Bono just extended the main chorus out a bit longer so that version was a little longer.

Is that enough detail for you? They played it at both shows. Its been publised that way in the Concert Documentary book which originally was published in Collectormania Magazine only a few months after the shows themselves. So its not some afterthought that someone thought they remembered. It happened without any doubt. Its a fact.
  3. Originally posted by Blue_RoomSo its not some afterthought that someone thought they remembered. It happened without any doubt. Its a fact.
    Uh, uh, relax yourself, fellow! I didn't want to bother you. I limitated to say what's published on most tof the sites, taht consider the 2 last appereances of So Cruel as a Possibillity, not as a Fact...

But don't misundarstand me, I want these preformances to surface if they really took place!! And if you're SO confident, they will surface someday!!

See you!!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Uh, uh, relax yourself, fellow! I didn't want to bother you. I limitated to say what's published on most tof the sites, taht consider the 2 last appereances of So Cruel as a Possibillity, not as a Fact...

But don't misundarstand me, I want these preformances to surface if they really took place!! And if you're SO confident, they will surface someday!!

See you!!

So let me get this straight. You are basing this BS on internet fan sites that were not even in existance when these shows took place over published books and magazines that documented that at the time they took place? Not to mention I'm TELLING they happened, there is NO question. Your little winks tell me you think I'm full of shit. Let me tell you any fan site saying that they were not played or think they merely possibilities are the ones that are full of shit! Please put up some links of these sites because I need to check out what other things they are falsely reporting. Just because there is no recording in circulation of a particular show doesnt meant it didnt happen. That is some of the dumbest logic I have ever heard.
  5. I was also at both the Chicago show and the Pontiac show and I can tell you with 100% accuracy that it wasn't played at either, it was just snippeted at one of them

Hope that solves some confusion