1. Originally posted by robbie07Tim Henman is a decent guy. Its not his fault. The media put tremendous pressure on this guy each year to win Wimbledon, and give the british people the idea he is kind of superstar. The british media is a disgrace when it comes to matters like this. Every international sporting competition including The World Cup, The European Championships, The Cricket World Cup, The Rugby world Cup, the English media machine hypes up the team in question up so much so that the public believe that they can win whatever competition they enter. Then when the team loses the bastards alway find some poor sod and pin the blame on him, creating a scapegoat. In the soccer wold cup in france 98 it was Beckham, this year in the cricket world cup it was Andrew Flintoff. This hype that the media creates is why foreign people like seeing england fail in international sports. They like seeing them arrogant tossers getting knocked off their perch. Its a such a sad state of affairs really.
    And they are already sharpening their knives for current england soocer manager Steve McClaren. Makes me sick.

I can not agree more. I hate that arrogant English altitude. For example: Murray. Great tennis player. But when he misbehaves on the court, like yelling and shouting, he's a Scotsman. When he plays wonderful he is the big British hero, and then they're talking about Murray Mountain instead of Henman Hill. And this is not only in tennis.
  2. Originally posted by robbie07Tim Henman is a decent guy. Its not his fault. The media put tremendous pressure on this guy each year to win Wimbledon, and give the british people the idea he is kind of superstar. The british media is a disgrace when it comes to matters like this. Every international sporting competition including The World Cup, The European Championships, The Cricket World Cup, The Rugby world Cup, the English media machine hypes up the team in question up so much so that the public believe that they can win whatever competition they enter. Then when the team loses the bastards alway find some poor sod and pin the blame on him, creating a scapegoat. In the soccer wold cup in france 98 it was Beckham, this year in the cricket world cup it was Andrew Flintoff. This hype that the media creates is why foreign people like seeing england fail in international sports. They like seeing them arrogant tossers getting knocked off their perch. Its a such a sad state of affairs really.
    And they are already sharpening their knives for current england soocer manager Steve McClaren. Makes me sick.

Absolutely.
  3. Luckily for England, they soon have another 'hero', called Hamilton..(F1)
  4. Yeh, let's see how he does on his 'home' turf next week