1. Does this fill anyone else with dread and bring them out in a cold sweat?

Originally posted by BBC

Spice Girls announce reunion tour

The group won four Brits, including a lifetime achievement award
    The Spice Girls have confirmed they will reform for a world tour to take place in December and January.

The full line-up has not performed on stage since Ginger Spice Geri Halliwell quit in May 1998.

The 11 dates announced include a London show on 15 December, eight days after the tour begins in Los Angeles.

"I think for us it was about celebrating the past, enjoying each other and it's about our fans. It was the right time," said Halliwell.

The only British date is in London, with the venue not yet confirmed. The other European dates are in Cologne and Madrid.

SPICE GIRLS TOUR 2007/08
    Los Angeles - 7 December
    Las Vegas - 8 December
    New York - 11 December
    London - 15 December
    Cologne - 20 December
    Madrid - 23 December
    Beijing - 10 January
    Hong Kong - 12 January
    Sydney - 17 January
    Cape Town - 20 January
    Buenos Aires - 24 January

'Fears and doubts'

Earlier this month Mel Chisholm, also known as Sporty Spice, told the BBC she had resisted reforming the group in the past because "it was amazing, it was magical. We could never recreate it".

Asked why she had gone back on her word she said: "A girl is allowed to change her mind and also this is something that we have only seriously started this year really.

"I think really all of us have had our fears and doubts but we feel that the time is right."

Halliwell added: "For us it's about celebrating the past, enjoying each other and it's about our fans. It was kind of now or never."

Good-natured

All five women laughed and joked constantly with photographers and reporters, even good-naturedly booing one journalist.

There had been rumours they would perform at the Concert for Diana memorial show in London on Sunday, but with Emma Bunton currently pregnant they decided not to appear.

"We would have loved to have been there this weekend but the timing has been impossible for us," said Chisholm.

As the conference drew to a close, all five women left the stage holding hands as Brown shouted, "You have been spiced!"

Global success

The tour is being put together by Simon Fuller, whose 19 company masterminded the group's global success more than a decade ago.

Under his guidance, the five-piece notched up a string of hits - including Wannabe and 2 Become 1 - while also capitalising on their fame with a stream of sponsorship deals.

Emma Bunton, Mel Brown, Mel Chisholm, Victoria Adams and Geri Halliwell quickly became household names - although they were better known as Baby, Scary, Sporty, Posh and Ginger.

They sold more than 55 million records around the world, and even starred in a film, Spice World.

Halliwell quit in 1998 citing "differences", leaving them to complete a sold-out world tour as a foursome.

Since 2001 each member has since pursued solo careers with varying degrees of success, while Posh Spice has become better known as fashion icon Victoria Beckham.

2. Shit. I hear they are each gonna net £15 million
  3. Originally posted by germcevoyShit. I hear they are each gonna net £15 million

Fuck! Really? What is wrong with the world
  4. Indeed..

They have had their period, they have to except it's over...just like Henman
  5. but for 1 million a show. how could they say no
  6. Great, I can't wait sleeping and queuing in front of the post office for tickets!

7. They weren't that bad. Some nice catchy pop-tunes. Good live shows. And Mel B is hot

I wouldn't buy an album, though...
  8. Originally posted by RemyGreat, I can't wait sleeping and queuing in front of the post office for tickets!

LOL

But some people will.........
  9. did you see them at the press conference. they'l need to hit the gym
  10. Originally posted by germcevoydid you see them at the press conference. they'l need to hit the gym

Posh won't be able to dance, her sticks..sorry, legs.. will snap in two
  11. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Posh won't be able to dance, her sticks..sorry, legs.. will snap in two

She may aswell not be there because no-one will see her. She'l be shielded by her mic stand
  12. Posh was walking as though she had just had a dump in her knickers- Not so posh. Dont approve of the reunion. They said they are not making any new songs like take that did, so there isnt a clear reason other than selfish ones to why they should reform.