1. Originally posted by germcevoyno one trades here though. everythings available for download.

The U2community is bigger than just U2start...
    But okay, change the result to wasted time and bandwidth then.
  2. Originally posted by yeahBecause it muddies the water: Person A downloads a broadcast of show x but files it as soundboard; a year later, Person B (already in posession of the broadcast) hears rumours about an existing sbd of that show, he contacts A and arranges a trade.
    Result: B traded for something he already had, A ruins his reputation and makes himself looking like an idiot.
    Hahahaha... Nice description. Did it happened to you?

I knew all of this. i have my collection filled with all the correct lineage and the source, but that's not for everyone.
    Probably the 90% of the people who visit U2Start is searchin' for a show, gets it and doesn't care if it comes from FLAC level 6, from a broadcast or from Sound Mixing Board...
  3. Originally posted by germcevoyIve given Remy a suggsetion of letting users rate the Boots. eg - 5 people rate a show as 10/10 and another 5 rate it as 5/10 then the bootlef will be listed as 7.5/10 regardless of soundboard or broadcast or audience.
    Nice suggestion, prbably the best so far for the new U2Start.

But anyway, i understand YEAH, it is annoying...
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Hahahaha... Nice description. Did it happened to you?

Not that way and I don't collect/trade audio anymore unless a new good Pre-Elevation gig pops up.
    But I traded more than once for so called 'different perspective' or 'lower gen' vids.
  5. When trading what happens when your trading partner has everything you have?
  6. Originally posted by germcevoyWhen trading what happens when your trading partner has everything you have?

Depends. He might agree on a B&P of the shows you want. If not, well, then you'll have to search another trader.
  7. god i'd hate that. Thank god for internet and mp3
  8. Originally posted by germcevoygod i'd hate that. Thank god for internet and mp3

Trading is great fun. Feels much better than downloading 20 shows in an hour. And, more important maybe, the quality is better, too.
  9. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Trading is great fun. Feels much better than downloading 20 shows in an hour. And, more important maybe, the quality is better, too.

i'm not a big quality freak. If its audible then its gd
  10. Can we plays stay ontopic here, feel free however to create a new topic on the trading subject.