1. Originally posted by rmann83[..]

Wow...I'm humbled. Well said

thanks i'm flattered... it's very kind of you.... i really felt like our arguments were going nowhere cause like you already said "Write what you want, say what you want to say, shout if you wanna shout, cry if you wanna cry; do what you like, you don't have to explain yourself!"
    everyone has their own opinion.... but again, i already had my say...so let others do the same!!

bye!!!
  2. Fair enough
  3. Originally posted by yeah[..]But on a long run, what Geldof and Bono do will make things worse. They're supporting the systems that are responsable for the situation we're in.

Well, yes and no.

Their goal is to attack extreme poverty on BOTH fronts, BOTH short term (millions of people dying every year b/c of starvation and not affording cheap cheap immunization shots, etc. ONE, RED) AND, more importantly, establishing long term TRADE (Edun, etc.).

How well they're actually doing on the long-term front is an area I don't feel I have the expertise to comment on.

But neither Geldof nor Bono are ignorant of the more important, long term, goal of trade... and on that point this author is dead wrong just because he has a venomous personal vendetta against celebrity (as many highly educated intellectuals do; I see this constantly among the faculty at Yale University)...

...Then again I'm just as bad as the author of the article: sitting on my ass typing on my computer giving cheap talk so I can feel good about myself, and sound smart, instead of actually doing something about it. Hypocrisy, anyone? Anyone...
  4. Well spoken Snitch..
  5. Snitch, you said alll! Nicely said lad!