1. Originally posted by ric:[..]

im sooo gutted they didn't play hawkmoon at any of the dublin shows -in my opinion once you've downloaded all the dublin shows (and the last rotterdam show) you don't need any other LoveTown shows cos the quality of these shows are so unbelievably good nothing else could compare! the only problem is hawkmoon and a couple of other things like in gods country and exit aren't included...

but seriously - i downloaded all the dublin shows recently and i havn't been able to stop listening to them! Imo they are collectively the best pre 90's U2 shows i have ever heard - i couldn't speak any more highly of them.

oh and i downloaded sydney 29/09 just to hear the version of stand by me with bono on drums and larry on vocals! ! -funny!!

To me, these are the best gigs ever. Some War and TUF gigs are a good second though. With that, I don't say Zoo TV sucked, I'm just more a rock 'n roll guy.
  2. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

To me, these are the best gigs ever. Some War and TUF gigs are a good second though. With that, I don't say Zoo TV sucked, I'm just more a rock 'n roll guy.

Hell yeah. Thats one of the reasons I love grunge bands. I love U2 more of course though.

3. Can imagine that. Anyway, they should've played 11 O'clock more often. The few times they played it, it wasn't like the old-fashioned way.
  4. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

Can imagine that. Anyway, they should've played 11 O'clock more often. The few times they played it, it wasn't like the old-fashioned way.

Bono cant hit the falsetto anymore.

5. He could back then...(Lovetown). And a bit of guts isn't bad either. They should try it for next tour. It's one of their biggest live hits to me.
  6. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

He could back then...(Lovetown). And a bit of guts isn't bad either. They should try it for next tour. It's one of their biggest live hits to me.

I love the main riff.

7. Heh, yes indeed, same here - remember, the ultimate show closer perhaps and re. the falsetto, he could hit it but that said he wouldn't necessarily have to, i.e. sing it an octave lower, just as he would non-falsetto the "take me higher" on EBTTRT
  8. what show has the best version of Hawkmoon 269? I've got all the Dublin gigs and the last Rotterdam gig, outstanding shows as we know, but I don't have a live version of that song except for the Lovetown tv special vcd
  9. Originally posted by thefly07:what show has the best version of Hawkmoon 269? I've got all the Dublin gigs and the last Rotterdam gig, outstanding shows as we know, but I don't have a live version of that song except for the Lovetown tv special vcd
    Check out 1989-12-18 Dortmund. Edge's intro is superb.
  10. U2 didn´t play that day (18.th) in Dortmund.

By the way: The second Dortmund-gig was most brilliant and better than the more famous Dublin gigs!!!